47 | pain

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
CHAPTER 48
PAIN
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑CHAPTER 48⸻ PAIN┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

T A E H Y U N G' S P O V

THIS WAS STUPID. I should've known to not listen and agree with Jimin's terrible idea.

But yet, here I am. Stalking and watching them having dinner. It hurts to even just be here because I should've been there instead of him.

"Hello, sir. Are you ready to order?" A male voice speaks from behind.

I keep my gaze on them as I brush my hand to shoo him away. That is until her brown eyes lock with mine. I gasp and quickly cover up my face with the menu in hand.

"Sir?" the young waiter with a black bowtie awkwardly asks. "Do you need more time?"

"Uh.." I trail off, not knowing how to respond. What am I even doing?

I straighten my posture to alleviate any suspicions and briefly scan over the menu before lifting my head with a poker face. "Sorry, um, I'm going with the pasta and strawberry juice,"

"Sir, you're reading the menu upside down," he points out.

"Oh, yeah.. I just love reading things upside down," I tell him, hiding the embarrassment by laughing it off.

His face shows slight confusion as he looks at me as if I'm crazy but it quickly disappears with a faint nod. "Alright, is that all? Or perhaps.. are you waiting for your date?"

"No, I'm here all by myself," I blurt out, which sounds very pathetic.

The young waiter nods once again and bolts away after repeating the order. After a few minutes, I hover down the menu and sneak another glance towards them.

I raise an eyebrow at the presence of two other people at the table, which I assume to be Hyoseop's parents.

I stare for quite a while and they seem to be very friendly and close with each other. I study their lips to know what they're talking about but it is pointless. It is hard to read them from afar.

As they talk, I notice how smitten Hyoseop is. It somehow looks like he's in love with her.

A pang of jealousy riles whenever I catch him stealing a glance at her when she's not looking. When she notices him staring, she flashes him a smile in his way. Am I wasting my time? What if I've lost my chances?