Chapter 36:Two faced(6).

❝What now, William? She won't sign the papers since you two had a fight. ❞Helene complained as she angrily sat on the couch.

William sighed and sat next to her, placing a hand on her back in an attempt to comfort her.

❝I will convince her, darling. Don't worry about it. ❞William said softly.

Helene looked at him and took a deep breath.

❝This fucking moron can't do a simple thing, useless. I want my hands on this mansion right now. But there is something else... my sister seems strange. I better check what she's up to and maybe ruin it for her. ❞ Helene though and a sinistre smile crept on her lips.

❝What's on your mind? ❞William asked, noticing her smile.

❝Oh, nothing. I'll just trust that you can solve this matter quick, dear. ❞Helene cooed, pulling William closer by his tie, kissing him.

Zhia Xiang hummed as she walked down the hallway, her heels echoing loud.

❝Someone seems in a good mood today. ❞Edric said looking at Zhia Xiang with a charming smile plastered on his face.

Zhia Xiang stopped in front of him and nodded her head.

❝Sir Edric... do you think I can stay at your place for the night? ❞Zhia Xiang asked smiling, her eyes shining brightly.

She was eager for the final play and barely could keep from dancing around.

❝Oh? I may need a little bit more convincing. ❞Edric said smirking, curious of what she'll do to convince him.

Zhia Xiang raised an eyebrow.

❝Oh? ~❞ She cooed and placed a hand on his chest.

❝I know sir Edric is a very good man that would help a helpless lady in need. ❞Zhia Xiang spoke in a seductive manner, drawing circles with her index on his chest, smiling sweetly.

Edric felt his blood boil inside his veins and he let a low laugh escape his mouth.

❝Is this the game you're planning on playing? Lady Cassandra, you're far from a helpless woman. ❞Edric spoke catching her hand and pulling her close, their chests meeting.

Zhia Xiang looking into his eyes, keeping a smile on her face.

❝What does sir Edric sees me as then? ❞ she whispered.

Edric placed a hand on her back, towering over her.

❝A wolf in sheep clothing. ❞ He replied, his lips a few inches apart from hers.

❝Hm? Does sir Edric prefers the wolf or the sheep? ❞

❝The wolf. ❞Edric replied, pressing his lips against hers.

As wanted, Zhia Xiang is now in Edric's mansion.

❝Make yourself comfortable. ❞Edric said taking her coat and passing it to the maid.

❝Will do. ❞Zhia Xiang replied looking around.

❝He has good tastes to be honest. I could live in such a mansion. ❞Zhia Xiang praised in her mind, following Edric to the living room.

❝Do you plan on having fun with him, subject #654? ❞agent 0 asked as it floated next to Zhia Xiang's head.

❝Maybe, why not? ❞ Zhia Xiang replied.

❝How long do you plan on staying in this universe? ❞

❝I'm not sure, let's relax for now and see if Helene takes the bait.❞Zhia Xiang replied.

❝What would the lady like to drink? ❞ the maid asked, bowing her head.

❝Do you have cherry liquor? ❞Zhia Xiang asked smiling at the maid.

❝We do. ❞ the maid replied.

❝I'll take that, please. ❞Zhia Xiang replied.

❝Right away. What would master like to have? ❞ the maid asked, slightly turning her body towards Edric.

❝The usual. ❞Edric replied.

The maid bowed her head and left the large room, rushing to fetch the drinks.

❝You have a beautiful house. ❞Zhia Xiang praised as she admired the decorations.

❝You know what will make it better? ❞Edric asked as he slowly got closer to Zhia Xiang.

Zhia Xiang turned her head to face him and smiled, replying:

❝Surprise me. ❞

❝Having you here. ❞Edric replied taking Zhia Xiang's hand in his. He then slowly leaned on and kissed her hand.

❝Sir Edric is quite a romantic. ❞Zhia Xiang replied.

The door opened, the maid from earlier quietly entering the room. She placed the drinks on the coffee table that was in front of the couch and left, not taking her eyes from the ground.

❝It's because of you. You have something to you that makes a man ignite. ❞Edric replied, keeping eye contact.

Zhia Xiang smiled and took the glass in her hand, sipping from it.

❝I heard sir Edric is good at chess. Is that right? ❞

❝Yes. Are you interested in playing? ❞

❝Yes. I would love to. ❞

❝Mollie, get the chess board here. ❞Edric ordered.

❝Right away, master. ❞ the maid replied and exited the room once again.

Zhia Xiang played with her glass, watching the liquor move freely in her glass.

❝I wonder what dear Will is doing now that I'm nowhere to be seen. Perhaps that idiot woman found out already about me and Edric? I wonder what's her next move, let me guess, trying to get in touch with Edric to see if she can seduce him? ❞Zhia Xiang lost herself in her thoughts, which made the man next to her upset.

Her chin was caught by his fingers and raised to meet his eyes.

❝It's quite rude to think about someone else while you're with me.❞Edric said.

Zhia Xiang noticed the chess board and wondered when did it arrived.

❝Who's on your mind? ❞Edric added.

❝No one important. ❞Zhia Xiang replied.

❝No one important, you say? The smile you showed earlier didn't seemed like you were thinking about a nobody. ❞Edric said, his breath hitting her lips.

❝Why so angry, sir Edric? Let's start our chess game. ❞Zhia Xiang said pointing with her eyes to the table.

❝Let's make the game more interesting, shall we? ❞Edric said and a evil smirk appeared on his lips.

❝What do you have in mind? ❞Zhia Xiang asked.

❝Each time a piece is taken out, the owner of the piece removes an item of clothing. ❞Edric replied, watching her reaction with interest.

Zhia Xiang was surprised by his suggestion,but the surprise quickly turned into laughter.

❝Alright, I accept. ❞ she replied and the two shook hands.