Chapter 3

Trista had managed to pack all of her necessary belongings in just a few minutes. She had so many thoughts running through her head all at once. Why would her parents give her away? Why would they leave her with such a harsh couple. What was so dangerous that they didn't want there own child near? Did they still want her back? Were they still looking for her? As the thoughts were still going through her mind, she realized that she was done packing her things. She sighed deeply and gave one last thought as to what she was about to do. She was leaving her childhood home behind to find out who she really was. And she was slightly excited to meet her real parents and to be able to perform magic.

Tris grabbed her suitcase and opened up her window wide enough for her to crawl through. She set her suitcase on the roof of the house first and then she climbed out of her window closing it quietly behind her. It was around midnight and she didn't want her parents to know she was leaving the house. She crept to the lowest part of the roof and threw her suitcase to the ground. She then managed to climb down the ladder and she moved it away from her window that way her parents didn't know she had snuck out. She made sure to check her surroundings to make sure none of her elderly neighbors had seen her sneak out. They would rat her out in a matter of seconds.

She picked up her suitcase after making sure the coast was clear and began walking down the street to the bus station. The bus station was a few miles down the street so she had a lengthy distance to walk. All she could hear were the wheels of her suitcase rolling down the pavement of the sidewalk. Until she noticed another noise. It was coming from behind her. She could hear footsteps about a half a mile behind her getting louder and louder. Closer and Closer. She stopped and turned around to see a man in a dark colored trench coat standing behind her. He stopped when she stopped making Tris real nervous. Her anxiety was above normal at this point.

"Who's there?" she said as her legs began to feel as if they would collapse at any second. She didn't receive an answer. The man in the trench coat slowly walked his way over to the shadows where Tris could no longer see him. After the man disappeared into the shadows, Tris then turned around and began to walk faster and faster every step she took. She could hear the man's footsteps practically running behind her. She began to run and when she turned to look back, she lost her footing and fell over her suitcase landing on the pavement. She brushed her dark brown hair out of her face and looked up to see the man standing just a few feet away from her. Before she could say anything the man began to walk closer to her. She was frozen and couldn't manage to let a word escape her mouth. The man was only about 15 feet away from her when all of a sudden, two gingers come out of nowhere. It was them. It was the two ginger figures she saw earlier.

"They're twins" she thought in her mind. One twin stood in front of her while the other crouched down behind her. The twin behind her grabbed her arms gently and helped her to her feet. "Ahh, Mr. Ant, how lovely it is to see you again." One twin said. The man in the trench coat turned out to be Antonin Dolohov, a follower of You Know Who. Dolohov stood there giving the ginger twin a deadly look. The other twin gently pushed Tris behind him blocking Dolohov's view of her. She's only 5'5" making the two 6'3" red heads look like giants compared to her. "I believe you have something of mine." Dolohov said. "Now hand her over."

The twins looked at each other with similar looks expressed on their faces. "I didn't take anything from this man. Did you take anything of his Freddie?" said one twin. "I don't believe so Georgie. Have you been drinking too much butterbeer Mr. Ant?" said Fred. "Antonin! It's Antonin. Now hand over the girl." Dolohov said as he began to walk towards the twins and Tris. George put his arm behind him pulling Tris closer to him while Fred pulled out his wand. George pulled out his wand as well and both twins held their wands up to Dolohov. Dolohov did the same and it looked as if a duel was about to occur.

Tris was in shock and didn't know what was about to happen. Just before someone made the next move another voice appeared from the shadows. "Stop!" a voice shouted. "Ahh, Mr. Dolohov, how nice to see you again." The voice came from another tall man, this one was older than the twins, and he had a little bit more weight added to his physical features. "Arthur..." said Dolohov. "Well, it's pretty late. Tris darling I suppose we should be getting back right?" said Arthur as he turned to see Tris hiding behind George. She nodded her head but couldn't manage to say a word. She was trembling on the inside and she didn't know what was going to happen next. "Boys, take Trista to the car. I'll be right there." Arthur said as if he was giving silent hints to the twins to get the poor girl off of the streets.

The twins nodded and George grabbed ahold of Trista's sleeve and turned her around. Trista and the twins began to walk off and Arthur began to walk with them a short distance behind. George had his hand on Trista's back as they were walking hoping to assure her that everything would be okay. Tris felt numb. She had no emotions expressed on her face. And now she began to think, "What did that man want from me? Who are these people that saved me? How did they know where I was and how did they know my name?"