Growing up

"Ryan!" I ran over and hugged him. "How did everything go?"

"Well she said yes so..." he chuckled.

"I know that but how did it actually go?"

"She had a mini freak out and then said yes and we had a little dance."

"That's so cute." I squealed. "Oh I'm so happy."

He grinned and chuckled again. "So am I."

"I can't tell you how hard it was not to tell anyone what you were planning."

"Well, thank you for helping me plan it all."

"Of course." I beamed. "So, engagement party?"

"Sam's planning it. He's also inviting Habbs."

"Oh god." I rolled my eyes with a slight laugh. "It's like he loves the torture of it all."

"He probably does. I reckon he's an emotional masochist."

"Bless him, he really does know how to drop himself in it doesn't he?" My phone started buzzing but it was only miles so I just left it and started working out with Ryan.

I went home to shower and change before rushing out for lunch with Habbs.
"Hello gorgeous." I kissed her cheeks before sitting across from her. "Sorry I'm late."

"Oh no, don't worry about it. How are you?"

"I'm good, it's a little lonely at home right now but overall, pretty good."

"Oh yeah, where is Harry?"

"He's with some family, he asked me to go with but I have so much work at the minute." I sighed. "I didn't think him not being there would have such an impact on me."

"It's honestly so cute though." She smiled.

"Enough about me, what's going on with you? I heard Sam kind of cornered you at my Jazz night."

"Yeah, he basically came over to me and was trying to convince me that we should be friends or something then Jamie showed up and pulled him away but it was just weird and annoying."

"I love him but he really doesn't know when to stop sometimes." I sighed. "Do you think that you'll ever go back there or are you ready to date other people?"

"I know I'm never going back there. Like, genuinely know I'd never go back there now. Actually I think Liv is setting me up with someone." She laughed a little.

"Oh my god. You're going on a blind date?"

"Yeah, I guess I am."

"So you're like fully over Sam, like there's nothing left there?" I questioned.

"I think there's always feelings until you kind of transfer those feelings to someone else." She explained. "I'm excited to see who Liv brings though."

"Tell me everything afterwards."

"Obviously." She smiled.

I felt quite lonely at home, just me and the dogs, so I called Miles round.
"Hello gorgeous." He grinned as he walked in.

"Hello, do you want a drink or something?"

"No, I think I'm alright." He took his jacket off and sat next to me. "So how are you?"

"Lonely." I said honestly and laughed a little. "No, it's just weird since Harry's not here. I've gotten so used to just being with him all the time that I think part of me just feels lost."

"That's understandable but I don't think it's healthy to spend every day together though. Like you can't be overly dependent on the relationship, you know?"