Chapter Sixty-Three

A gentle warm breeze brushed against the back of my neck, causing me to stir a little. I took a deep breath in, and further relaxed as I smelt the delicious smell of a masculine fragrance. Everything on the bed smelled like him - the pillow, the sheets, probably even me. And I loved it.

The warmth of his body completely shrouded my naked back, and I smiled as I noticed his thick forearm was still draped over my bare waist. I rubbed a hand groggily over my eyes before sparing him a look over my shoulder.

A lazy smile instantly worked its way onto my face as I took him in. His face was softly innocent, and his chest rose and fell with each breath he took.

Once I had taken enough time to admire him, I turned back around, and as I did, he groaned softly under his breath and pulled me closer to him. I had to stifle the urge to aww at the fact he was snuggling me in his sleep. I laid there peacefully for a while until the light through the gap in the window grew brighter. Figuring it was probably a good time for me to get ready, I made a move to get up. 

Heck, I was in such a good mood, I think I might even go for a spontaneous jog.

Carefully, trying not to wake him up, I shuffled forward on the bed, causing Nathan's hand to limply drop from around my waist.

Seconds away from swinging my legs off the bed, large hands wrapped around my waist, causing me to squeal in surprise. "Oh, no, you don't, get that cute ass back on the bed. You're not sneaking out on me," Nathan whispered against my ear as he pulled me back onto the bed.

His fingers moved quickly against my stomach to tickle me, and I tossed in his arms in surprise. "Stop," I squeaked. "Why are you tickling me?" 

He chuckled deeply, the sound vibrating against the back of my neck before his fingers soon eased. 

"It's your punishment for rudely trying to sneak out on me. That's very naughty," he said, kissing the back of my neck.

I rolled in his arms to face him and couldn't help but smile as I saw those beautiful eyes of his. "I was going to come back, you idiot. I was only going to go out for a jog," I explained with a chuckle.

His nose wrinkled in confusion. "Why?" he snorted.

"Because I want, exercise, Mr judgy," I replied sassily.

 Instead of looking grouchy like I suspected him to be, a mischievous look passed through Nathan's eyes. "You want, exercise, huh?" he smirked. 

Before I could wrap my mind around his way of thinking, Nathan's slid his warm hand from my waist down to my hips in a tantalizing manner. "Why leave when I can give you plenty of exercise, right here, hmm," he offered as he traced smooth circles against my hip bone. 

I got lost in the sensation for a while before I recovered from my shock and rolled my eyes at him. He knew exactly what game he was playing.

"How are you not tired? You literally kept me up half the night," I teased.

"Didn't hear many complaints from you, only moans," he smirked with a wink.

My face heated up at the memory, and I narrowed my eyes. "Tease me about that again, and I promise you that the next time we have sex, I will literally moan out Natalie," I said flatly. 

The humor in his eyes swiftly changed to one of fear. "Point taken," he said quickly, not seeming too fond of the idea.

Soon enough, his gaze softened, and he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "But trust me, after having to hold myself back from you for the last five months, lack of energy is the last thing I'm missing," he said with a bitter laugh.