Chapter two- finally free

Ezekiel "Zeke" Pedrad 

(I'm using Jacob Artist to portray Zeke; because they don't actually show him in the movie)

I walk into the hub, But I keep my head down trying to avoid my father, and really anybody.

But suddenly I bump into someone. I look up and apologize quickly "I'm so, so sorry" I say frantic.

When I look more carefully though I realize that it is she gives me a warm smile "it is alright dear" she says sweetly.

I smile back. Natalie is probably the only reason why I would stay in Abnegation. Last year both of her children transferred. Her son Caleb chose Erudite, and her daughter Beatrice chose Dauntless, just like I'm about to.

Beatrice and I were close. When we were little we would play outside with each other. Tobias never did, he stayed by himself, but then again he was older. And Beatrice, although a year older, was a lot like me, we both never felt like we fit in, and it sucked when she left last year, but I knew she moved to dauntless so I would get to see her again soon, hopefully.

Anyway, I feel bad for Mrs Prior, both of her children leaving, plus then Erudite used it to attack abnegation, claiming that they were all bad people, and that they beat their children. Because only two years before Marcus Eaton's son, -my brother- the son of the leader, left.

3 years ago a paper went out claiming that Marcus Eaton was a cruel man and beat his child. All the abnegation people helped him out through this time, they hated erudite for this because Marcus was already going through a 'hard' time.

I wanted so badly to go to erudite and tell them that everything they said was true and that they could list my name in the paper. And I wanted to tell someone in abnegation. But I never did. I had no way to get to Erudite and the Abnegation would never believe me. Marcus was their leader, they thought of him as a friend, and a kind, selfless, man. Not someone to beat him own child.

So instead, I went mute for the longest time. Never talked to anyone, no matter how hard they tried. I talked in school to ask and answer questions but that was it. I was 13.

It was only when Natalie came to me, I finally talked to someone. I never told her about the beatings or anything, I just talked about my brother. And asked questions about my mother, who died when I was 3 giving birth. She wasn't able to have another baby because of complications she had when giving birth to me.

"Hi, Mrs Prior." I say, I look to her side, had his back to me, and when I looked past him I realized he was talking to my father.

I'm so stupid, of course he is talking to Mr Prior, they were best friends.

I look back at Mrs Prior, and give her another smile.

"Are you nervous?" she asks.

I shake my head "No, I know where I'm going" I say confidently.

She nods. Just then I realize everyone taking seats.

Mrs Prior gives me a hug then, I am taken by surprise, it isn't often for abnegations to show affection in public like this. But then I returned the hug happily. Mrs Prior is the mother I never got to have, and I am going to miss her a lot. And I already feel bad for leaving her.

"You will always be like my third child" she whispers. And then adds "say hi to my daughter for me" she then pulls back and I give her a big smile.

"I will. Visit me" I whisper, she nods her head again.

I then walk off to the line of 16 year olds. I'm not surprised she knew I was going to be dauntless, I talked about them all the time, and how I felt trapped. And how I missed my brother and wanted to follow him.