43

Your POV:

"Oh my god for the hundredth time no I'm not telling you any details!" I sigh and walk to the couch where I slump onto my back and cover my eyes with my arm. "But whyyyy, how can you just tell me you had an orgy with Billie and two hot women and not tell me any details!?" My bsf whines. I groan "this topic of discussion is over." My bsf scoffs "like hell it is!" She throws my feet off the couch and sits down. "Now. Spill!"

I huff, sit up and reluctantly ask "what do you want to know?" My best friends face lights up "okay I wanna know..."

After my bsf interrogated me I went to my bedroom in our shared apartment and finished up some school work. I've been on top of my grades lately doing as much as I can as soon as they are given so I can have more time for Billie. My best friend and I actually graduate college in a few weeks so that's exciting.

As I'm laying in bed. My phone dings from across the room. I lift my head up from my laptop and look at the light screen on my vanity. I sigh and get up. I grab my phone and immediately I spot a message from an hour ago
'Bil ❤️- Goodnight my love. If you are still awake can you call me please.'
I press the call button and wait. Two rings later...

"Hello? Y/n?" She answers "yes baby it's me" I giggle at the sleepiness in her voice "did I wake you my love?" I lay on my back and feel my back muscles relax. I groan "baby?..." Billie asks I breathe deeply "yes love?" I exhale. "What are you doing?" She asks a suggestive lilt in her voice. I smirk at the thought that passed my mind. I whine "thinking about you..." Billie gasps and I hear her rushed footsteps up the stairs to her room. Her door closes "are you? What are you doing?" Her voice drops a few octaves and comes out a little raspy.

"I'm laying in bed" I move the phone away from my lips and cover my mouth with my hand while I giggle. "What are you thinking about?" I pull myself together "I'm thinking that you need to come here right now." I say seriously missing Billie. "I'm on my way" I hear her grab her keys off the dresser and her descending footsteps.

I sit up "are you really?!" I ask in disbelief. "Yup." She pops the 'p' and I hear her front door close. I look at the time in my phone '11:20'  I hear her car door open and shut before her engine roars to life. "Okay sweetheart I'm about to start driving. I'll see you soon. I love you" "I love you too billie. I'll be waiting for you" she blows me a kiss before hanging up.

I walk down the hall to my best friends room. I knock then walk in. She's sitting on her bed watching shameless on her laptop. "Hey Billie is on her way" she pauses her show and looks at me. She pats the space beside her so I climb onto her bed and watch shameless for a while. After about 30 minutes i notice it's raining pretty hard outside. I check my phone, nothing. "Billie should be here by now" I sigh and lock my phone. "She will get here in a few minutes. The highway is probably packed. It's holiday season." I nod my head and try to keep the rising panic swirling in my chest under control.

I walk into the kitchen and prepare a pot of tea. As I'm waiting for it to heat up I hear my bsf yell. "Y/N! GET IN HERE NOW!" I run into her room and see her higher up her TV. She's watching the news.
"Highway I-85 is currently shut down due to a 15 car pileup. Which, seems to be growing" the news woman reports. "Doesn't billie have to cross this highway to get here?" She asks.

There is helicopter footage of the highway. Cars piled on top of each other. "It seems as though the heavy rain is corrupting the drivers vision. OH NO LOOK!" Another car slams into the one in front of it adding to the pileup. I gasp and reach for my best friends hand. "There is still no news on the amount of casualties as our paramedics are trying to get everybody out of the vehicles."

In a panic I grab my phone and call billie. It rings all the way through then straight to voicemail. I call again, no answer. I begin to have an anxiety attack, fearing the worst. My bsf rushes to my side and catches me before I fall to my knees. She gently sets me down on the floor and holds me close. "Breathe y/n. She's gonna be okay. I don't see her car in the pileup maybe she's just stuck in traffic."

I can't help the sobs that are escaping my lips
"W-Why isn't she answering- m-my calls?" My bsf holds my head against her chest and strokes my hair "I don't know." I cry even harder, my body shaking. My phone begins ringing. I break away from my bsf grasp and immediately answer "y/n?!" It's my mom. I sniffle "yeah" "where are you?!" I can hear the panic in her voice. "I'm at home." She sighs "oh thank god. Stay off the roads" I feel hot tears stream down my cheeks. "Are you with y/bsf/n?" I nod my head but she can't see "I'm here. We're safe" my bsf answers for me.

"Is billie with you? She isn't answering my calls" my heart breaks all over again. The panic rising in my chest once again. I pull my knees to my chest and sob. My bsf takes the phone and talks to my mom. "Billie was on her way here." I hear my mothers frantic voice even though she's not on speaker  "yeah on the highway...we don't know....yeah we tried...not good." My bsf answers my mothers questions.

I just sob uncontrollably. "Well let you know if we hear anything. We love you too. Bye" my bsf puts my phone on the floor and sighs. She takes me into her embrace again "Breaking news, the amount of vehicles involved in the pileup is up to 24 total. The amount injured is within the range of 20-30. The actual number is unknown as our paramedic teams are still recovering victims from their vehicles."

The volume of the TV seems do get lower and lower as I lose myself and feel everything around me go silent. I feel the panic settle in my chest and everything goes numb.

Where is she?
—————————————-