sixty-five

Sloane Beck

Sloane Beck

I woke up in a panic in his arms and I quickly left without waking him up.

I didn't want to deal with the emotions this morning and I most certainly did not want to deal with Reese knowing that he somewhat fixed us. I say somewhat because I'm still not forgiving him yet. I'm at a good sixty percent but I need to be one hundred percent sure before I take another leap of faith on him.

I hated the way that my walls although they were up were bale to crumble in mere seconds just from looking at me. He was such a person human being that it made my fucking heart hurt.

This leads us to now.

I hadn't talked to him all morning and he hadn't reached out to me either. He was either really embarassed or he was respecting my boundaries. I was thankful because it was making things less awkward.

This morning when I took one last look at him I wanted to succumb to my issues and just lay there with him in bed.

But I couldn't—something inside of me was telling me to leave before it came and bit me in the ass.

He was different now, way different. It was a good difference and I hoped that it was because of me. I hoped that the love I gave him was more than enough for him to become a better person. Although, I don't think I did anything other than show him how to love.

He had it inside of him, nobody had triggered it yet.

It was noon.

We would be leaving in the next couple of minutes to go to coach's house. We would be eating at one that way everyone was able to watch football after. There were many football games on that day but luckily none of them involved the Detroit Lions or the Pittsburgh Steelers.

All of us would be one big happy family again.

Grabbing my notebook and pen, I decided to hash out a quick note.

Because I needed a note for myself.

Dear Sloane,

I am proud of you.