Chapter Thirty-Two

I dump the bag on the first bed I see in the small motel room and then I head into the bathroom. Coan said that he'll be back in the morning but I'm not sure if I want him to come back. Having a car is ideal but I feel like I'm travelling further and further away from Thorn and every second of it hurts.

I leave the bathroom. Sky is testing her new bed and is slightly bouncing into it while Dominic remains by the window. He looks up at the curtain curiously and figures out that pulling it blocks the view. The room is pretty vague, which is expected for the cheap price that Coan paid for it. Just two beds, a bathroom and a television screen that looks smashed.

"Can I offer you both some advice?" I say as I flip the covers over on the bed against the far wall and crawl inside them. "Use the shower in the morning."

"What's a shower?" Sky says.

"I'll show you. It makes you smell better."

"You're being a little. . . off," Sky says. "Is something wrong?"

I turn on my side and I play with the medallion. "I'm just tired."

"I'll keep guard," Dominic says. "We'll switch halfway."

"Okay," Sky says before directing her voice to me. "I bet it's the mating bond. Apparently it makes you feel all depressed and sad when you're apart from your mate. Like a part of you is missing. It'll get worse the longer you're away from him."

"Thanks for the analysis."

"You're welcome. Good night."

I close my eyes against the pillow. I don't want to focus on how badly I'm aching for Thorn because it's out of my control. It is like a desperation. Just to see him, to touch him, to hold him. I wonder if he feels it too. It's not quite torture but it's on the border.

"We did the right thing by leaving," Sky says. I snap my eyes open. "It'll be hard at first but there are other packs out there."

"Packs don't usually accept truants that left without their alpha's permission," Dominic replies. "We might be on our own for a while."

"I'm okay with that. There are other options. I am liking the idea of the human world."

"That is where we differ, Sky. I can't stand them."

"You don't have to trust them. You just have to tolerate them enough to merge your world with theirs."

"Can you please be quiet?" I groan. "You can literally hear each other's whispers so do that."

"Sorry," Sky says. "We don't sleep through the night. We'll be awake for a while. We'll be quieter."

"Thank you."

They keep to their word. I'm not even sure if they're whispering or have stopped talking altogether but I fall asleep to silence.

I wake up to Sky's snores generating from the small chair underneath the window. Her head is rolled up and her mouth is wide open. She looks adorable and happy. Dominic is sleeping in the bed next to mine, turned away from me.

I take the bag into the bathroom and I lock the door while I take a shower. The water is barely warm but it's warmer than what I've been used to bathing in. I dry myself off with a towel that I'm not completely sure is clean and then I change into some new clothes. The choices are not abounding but he at least packed some underwear.

I replace my black low-cut shirt with another and I exchange the thick sweater for a tighter and more comfortable one.

I tie my wet hair up and I go back into the room to see the siblings awake and sitting at the end of the bed. Their eyes are wide as though they're students about to go to a class.