38 | The Calm

*trigger warning: mentions of rape*

P E A R L

"Drink," Her cold voice was like a sneer in my ear.

Her rough hands clawed at my throat, tipping my head back. "Drink."

"Stop," I grunted, elbowing Zandra in the stomach as she held a bottle of Vodka to my lips.

"Drink, or I shoot," A gun pointed to the distance.

We were at the beach again, and she was pointing a gun into the distance.

Into the distance.

Zion and Gabriel. They stood there, watching.

"Don't hurt them," I whispered, a desperate plea.

Zandra's grip on my neck loosened, but I still couldn't breathe because she was making her way toward the two men who stood unmoving.

"Don't hurt them," I spoke, but couldn't hear myself. My legs moved, but I wasn't going anywhere.

Zandra grabbed Gabriel, and he was pulled against her. The sight made me want to vomit. She had him, and it made my insides crawl with fear.

"Drink, or I shoot," The monster repeated, and I felt the heavy weight of the bottle in my hand.

"Okay," I was giving up a year's worth of sobriety to prevent death. And I didn't even think about it before the neck of the bottle lifted to my lips.

"Don't do it, Pearl," Zion's voice stopped me. He made me go still. "Don't."

Zandra let go of Gabriel, pushing him to the side until he stumbled on the sand.

In a quick movement, Zandra had grabbed Zion and tipped his head back. The steel of the gun was pressed against his throat, and my heart felt like it stopped.