Chapter 36

Rohan's P.O.V.

Sanjana has been distant since the moment we drove out of the police station. She's been blankly staring at the windows. The moment I park the car in front to our house, she walks out and goes straight to our room.

"Rohan," mom calls for me.

"Just give her some time, she was--"

"Did she look okay last night?"

"Yeah,"

"Don't worry sweetheart, I guess her brain is just processing the whole thing now, trust me I understand the feeling, she'll come around, give her some time and space," she tells me.

"Urmm--"

"Go after her though, when I was in her situation, I'd tried to end my life every moment I was away from you dad, I know Sanjana is stronger than me, she'll need you around,"

"Yes mom, thank you,"

As I walk into the bedroom, she is crying on the bed as she muffles her sobs. I shut the door a little too harshly and she jumps up as she looks at me with teary eyes.

"Rohan,"

"Yes sweetheart," I murmur as I walk closer to her.

"Will you--" she is interrupted when my phone starts ringing.

"I'm unavailable for the week Lilly,"

"But--"

"Lilly, please,"

"Okay sir,"

"You should go, you're probably busy," she says as she gets up.

"Sanjana,"

"No seriously,"

"What is it that you wanted me to do?"

I walk close until I'm standing directly in front of me, I raise my hand to hold hers but stop, mom had advised me to give her space, I'm not even sure she'd like to be touched in this state. She notices the moment and looks at me.

"Will you please hold me for a while? I'm just--"

"You don't need to explain it, I'll hold you until you fall asleep okay?"

And maybe even after that.

Her chin wobbles as she nods her head and I wrap my arms around her as she starts crying in my arms. I rock us a little as I caress her head and whisper sweet nothings in her ear.

After a moment as she calms down, I settled her down on the bed and make a move to go to the bathroom to change my clothes when she clutches my shirt.

"Sweetheart, let me just change into something comfortable,"

"Don't leave, please,"

"Baby, I'll come back in a minute, you'll not even feel my absence,"

"Ro please,"

And I think it is the fact that she almost begs me that breaks my heart.

"Alright sweetheart,"

I climb into the bed and she immediately scoots closer to me and wraps an arm around me. I pull her closer against me and caress her arm as her breathing evens out and she finally falls asleep.

°

As I out of the wardrobe, I find Sanjana crying on the bed. My heart feels heavy as I walk closer to her and lie down next to her, silently pulling her body closer and just hold her as she continues crying.