Chapter 123: Chatting with the World Tree Before Entering the Capital City

– Who are you?

The crown prince had asked a similar question before. However, this time was different.

– Cale, I cannot see your future. I also cannot see your past, starting from the last two years.

2 years ago. That was when Kim Roksoo had become Cale Henituse again.

– I may not be much, but I have lived a long time. I've lived, died, and reincarnated many times. That gave me the eyes to see a bit of the world.

The World Tree was able to see a bit of the flow of the world. However, there was a time when it could not see any of it. And now, the number of things that the World Tree could see was slowly decreasing.

– A long long time ago.

The World Tree recalled when it had no choice but to create the snowstorm and take over the north. That was the first time it had ever felt fear.

– There were people like you whom I could not see their pasts nor futures. I could only see tiny glimpses of their near future.

Cale focused on the part that there were people like him in the past. 'Did World tree talk about Transmigrator? Or Regressor?'

However, the World Tree quickly dispelled Cale's thoughts. A completely different explanation was given.

– The owners of the ancient powers were just like you. I could not see through them.

'Ancient powers?'

– I couldn't see through the arsonist nor the rock for brains.

'...I feel like I know who it means when it says rock for brains.' Cale recalled the stubborn Super Rock.

He also started to think about the time when there were many people with ancient powers. He was thinking about the stories he heard about the ancient times.

It has been said that the darkness had fallen on the world during the ancient times. Furthermore, it stated that the darkness disappeared and peace was restored. However, nothing mentioned just exactly what the darkness was.

"What is the darkness?"

Raon and the priestess who had been looking at Cale tilted their heads in confusion at Cale's question. However, the World Tree understood what Cale was asking and responded back.

– I can only speak the things that the World allows me to say.

It was saying that it could not answer Cale's question. It then added one more thing.

– I also cannot say anything about things I cannot see. I could not predict the true body of the darkness. However, the me that lived during that time did see the 'darkness'. Unfortunately, that is something I cannot discuss.

Cale started to frown at the twisted answer that did not answer anything at all.

– Did you say they were called 'Arm'? The ones aiming for me?

"That is the case."

– I could not see 'Arm'. The things I can see are dwindling these days.

Cale had a bad feeling at this moment. '...Looks like things will become an even bigger mess.'

It was already a mess, but the upcoming future would be even more of a mess. Cale was disappointed that the World Tree did not know the true identity of Arm. So he couldn't ask about White Star.

– Danger came to find me every time I could not see through the flow of time. It might be that I will be involved in the situation and not just be a bystander.