TWENTY

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

Mace packs our bags into his Jeep as Nella and I stand face to face with Ludo and Diamond, thanking them for their hospitality and kindness

Mace packs our bags into his Jeep as Nella and I stand face to face with Ludo and Diamond, thanking them for their hospitality and kindness. Diamond latches onto me with a tight hug, her necklaces hitting my chest gently.

"You can do this Cleo," she mumbles into my ear. "I know you've always been strong and this is not something that will defeat you."

"I appreciate it Diamond," I tell her as I pull away eventually.

Ludo says his goodbyes next and I watch as my father emerges from the front door, sheepishly approaching us. I look over Ludo's shoulder and he follows my lead, his eyebrows raising instantly. "I'll leave you guys for a moment."

My arms fold over my chest as my dad stops directly in front of me. "It was good to see you Cleo, knowing that you're well and healthy."

"Barely," I mumble out as I avert my gaze elsewhere.

"I'm sorry, and I know that no matter how many times I say it it's not going to make the situation better but I am. I made a mistake and I am owning up to that." His voice pleads with me.

I sigh and look down to the floor. "Whatever," I shake my head. "What's done is done."

"I don't want this to come between us Cleo," his voice is gentle. He was trying but he should have done that months ago.

"It has come between us," I snap my head back from his words. "How could I ever trust you again?"

Ludo approaches my father and rests his hand down onto his shoulder. "We've said that if you need help in taking her down, then we'll be there." Ludo confirms and I raise an eyebrow in suspicion at them.

"Yes," my dad nods once. "We are willing to help, whatever it takes to get the curse removed from you and your life back to normal."

"Okay," I flick my eyes between them.

"You have my details and where we are," Ludo smiles towards me. "If you need us then just call."

"I will," I nod before taking a step back from him and back to the car.

"Bye guys," Nella waves enthusiastically. "Thank you so much for having us."

"Bye," Mace leans out of the driver's side to wave at them. Kassian doesn't follow but gives them a curt nod and steps into the passenger seat.

I climb into the back with Nella, desperate to get back to the house so I could have five minutes alone. To sleep in my own bed, to have my own space. Feeling suffocated from the intoxication of the curse again, my senses were unsettled and I hated it.

Once we were all in the car Nella leans over to Mace and kisses him on the cheek. "Only ten hours until we get to see our baby," she squeals in his ear before settling back into the car seat and putting on her seatbelt.