||~𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫~||

Silence covers the streets of Dwargon as the moon sits high outside the mountain city

Silence covers the streets of Dwargon as the moon sits high outside the mountain city. Most of its occupants lay asleep in their beds while a few patrols wander the streets keeping them safe. 

Sitting on the balcony overlooking the city is Harumi who, still in her night shirt, sits on the railing her side leaning against the support beam gazing out at the buildings below her cheek cradled in her palm. 

The earlier conversation she had with her brother still weighs heavily on her mind as she tries to come to terms with her role in this world.

"Shouldn't you be asleep, Harumi-hime?" a familiar voice asks and Harumi lifts her head to see Gazel standing there in what she assumes is his night outfit. 

"I don't really need to sleep, Lord Gazel. I do enjoy doing it but even if I tried tonight I would not be very successful" she tells him her eyes drifting back over the city.

Gazel hums and steps up to the raining beside her leaning his elbows on them as he gazes out on his city with her "And your brother let you out alone? I didn't think he let alone that young man who watched your every move during the meeting today would allow that in such an unfamiliar place."

"I had great sage put Rimuru to sleep for the night. He needed it since he has a big day tomorrow. As for Souei, he's probably stalking me from the shadows. Besides you're here now so I am no longer alone" Harumi responds, her tone uncharacteristically dull.

This catches Gazel's attention and he turns his head to look at her "I couldn't help but notice that something during our meeting upset both you and Rimuru. I hope that I am not intruding but I think talking about it could help"

Harumi looks over at him, her eyes shining with emotion as her lips tremble "I realized today how important my role is to this world and how detrimental my absence would be. It brought up some rough thoughts about what would happen if I were to die. Rimuru didn't want to think about that possibility even though it can and probably will happen at some point" Harumi swallows thickly as she takes a shuddering breath. 

"I also realized I am more vulnerable than my Aniki and if I am not careful my time here could be cut short. So I asked him to promise me something that I should have never needed to ask him. It's honestly not fair to him but if I want all that I love to carry on even without me then he is my best and only option."