Chapter 15 - Watch Your Mouth

Their nasty glares lifted such a tension in the room that Nate thought he was suffocating while pouring a shot for the both of them. He hadn't expected them to be this sharply at one another's throat, he didn't even think they would be together in a room for this amount of time. He had no intention on dealing with this, hence why he downed his own shot without waiting for them, The starting his own pace of drinks.

Neither of them had been spoken to one another yet, both standing at one end of the counter island in the kitchen. Nate glanced between the two of them, pushing their shots closer and taking a second one of his own. When it had reached two minutes of their challenging gazes without a word uttered, he finally spoke.

"Are you guys going to drink?"

"Not with that bitch," Aunt Judy spat, tilting her head to the side with a smirk when she saw Tyler's lips widen.

Tyler furrowed her brows even more. "You're lucky you're not dead yet; don't make me give him another reason."

Aunt Judy threw her arms in the air. "How dare you say that to me?"

"You called me a bitch first!" Tyler snapped back, pointing a finger towards her. "I came in peacefully; I'm here to go out with my friend."

"No." Nate frowned, glancing towards Tyler who eyed him as well, unsure what she meant. Until she added, "You're not going out tonight."

"Bullshit!" Nate snorted, rolling his eyes and was moments from taking another shot when she snatched the glass away from him, the alcohol slightly dripping on the table. "Auntie, what the hell?"

"I said what I said," she puckered her lip, dumping the shot into the sink and proudly puffing her chest when she squeezed her hands on her waist. "You're not going out."

"I'm going out whether you like it or not," Nate spat; he wasn't a child anymore. Even though he was still in high school, his parents trusted him to get his own apartment while his aunt lived in the same city. There was no reason as to why going out for a night should be an issue.

She pursed her lips. "I'll tell Mell you went out without my permi—"

"Holy, you can be such a bitch sometimes," he snapped, narrowing his eyes towards her before returning his focus onto Tyler who scoffed, sharply turning her chin sideways. He pointed to his aunt as he begged, "Can you say sorry so we can leave? She's our ride."

"Fuck no!" Tyler retorted, widening her arms violently. "She's calling me names meanwhile she was the one being a little hoe when she was fucking my brother in race cars and bathrooms!"

Nate inhaled a sharp breath; that was something he had no idea happened which made his stomach began to twirl with nausea. He had no idea his aunt and Dante had relations in that way and for some reason, the shock shifted into anger—he did not like hearing of that. He slightly felt betrayed and he wasn't sure as to why; he knew there was an odd situation between Dante and his aunt, but he hadn't thought they had slept together.

Aunt Judy was taken aback, her mouth gaped open as she glanced a few times at the widened eyes of her nephew. Her brows fell tightly over her eyes and she pointed at Tyler to retort, but nothing left her mouth. She had no comeback to that since what Tyler had said had been the truth but it was not how she wanted it to be revealed to Nate.

Eventually, she sighed and her broadened shoulders fell, looking away from both of them without having said anything. Then, she returned the empty shot glass onto the table and, without eyeing them, whispered quietly, "We're leaving in ten minutes."

It was obvious that she was upset. Aunt Judy left the kitchen after that, walking away to another room in the apartment, clearly needing to distance herself from even more truths being revealed without her consent. When she did leave, Tyler groaned in annoyance with a grimace on her face. "Your aunt is so annoying—"