[final] chapter sixty: infinite

"Oof!" Donghyuck sounds after laying down the last box onto the floor and he wipes the sweat of his forehead with his fabric gloves.
"Wollie-yah! I'm donㅡ"

  He stops in his tracks at the sight of the perfectly organized living room with its furniture all in the right places.

  He had been so occupied with bringing in the boxes that he became unaware of his surroundings.

  Eunwol pops out from the kitchen with a tray of two cups and a jug of cold juice- smiling instantly at his presence. "Oh, hey! I just finished moving around the furniture so I thought I'd make some soothing beverages. Want one?"

  Donghyuck stares at her beaming face, dumbfounded. "You moved all that... by yourself?"

  She tilts her head in confusion. "Well, duh. We're the only ones here."

  "Then, you didn't even need my help in the first place with that super strength of yours!" He cries and Eunwol scoffs at his theatrics- dragging him to the couch so he can rest.

  "So, you mean you regret offering to lend a hand?" She passes his drink and receives a flick on her forehead instead of a thanks.

  She yelps in pain and rubs her temple aggressively.

  "Of course, not," Donghyuck emphasizes to make sure she undertands it. "I get to spend more time with you, after all."

  "Oho~ Mr.Smooth Talker in the house!" She announces to the imaginary crowd and he shakes his head.

  He traces the floral designs on his glass as his mind wanders. "Hey, Eunwol."

  "Hm?" The said girl responds as she's busy pouring herself another cup.

  "What do you think about me moving in... with you?" He asks nervously, his heart thumping wildly in fear of a negative response.

  He can see it already; her disgusted scowl at his plan and belligerent roar as she chases him out with a broomㅡ No, she'll probably use an eyeliner because heck, that thing is a murder weapon.

  Eunwol sips her drink- the ice cracking as they melt. "It's a cool idea."

  "What?" He blurts, surprised. "Are you being real??"

  "No, I'm being virtual," she replies with pure sarcasm and at his unamused face, she snickers in delight. "Yes, I'm being serious. It's just that, I won't be living here that much for now, y'know? Work is filling up my schedules and the only time I'd probably be actually staying here is during holidays or the weekend.
  "It's more of like a summer house- and an early plan for the future in case, prices shoot up everywhere else."

  Haechan shrugs. "Doesn't matter. I'm busy too, anyways. But still, don't you wanna be more closer with each other. Like, when you miss me, we can just easily meet up here because I know how dead clingy you areㅡ"

  Eunwol arches a brow with skepticism and he takes back his words.

  "Fine. I know how dead clingy I am so I'd really like it if we could be so much nearer. This could be our headquarters. I'll bring some of my stuff here and leave the rest in the dorm. We can be roomies! The chore room is empty now, right? Since you moved the equipment outside," Hyuck continues to stubbornly back up his decision of moving in.

  His girlfriend watches with amusement. She honestly, really doesn't mind and would love being with him 24/7 during the holidays- snuggled up on the couch, snacking and watching TV.

  But seeing him try so hard is adorable.

  "You know there's gotta be payment for staying here, right?" Eunwol teases.