Dance with me

The last seven days had been hell in all sense of the word. He wished he could have done like Talon, and walk away every time a woman approached him. Every woman made an attempt to touch him and he wanted nothing more than to squirm away and let everyone know he had a mate.

Half of him hoped that she would come tonight but why would she? She hadn't made an appearance thus far. It baffled him, her shy nature towards him that is. 

Tonight he would appease the people. Almost every unmated female was here for this event. Most he hadn't met during this week.

His mother had taken care of the preparations for this as he had taken care of the preparations for his departure in two days. Talon had never ridden a horse before so finding him a horse that wouldn't shy away from them all was a task for sure. All of the horses in the stables had been claimed, but thankfully they were able to borrow one from a soldier that wouldn't be leaving his station any time soon.

It was funny to watch Talon learn how to ride. The horse in question was very temperamental, but within two days both horse and rider were used to the situation.

Atlas didn't miss the fact that Talon ate in his room the last two days and had meant to say something about it but he hadn't gotten the chance to do so. Something was irking the boy, and while he showed up for his shift and for training, he wasn't all there.

He had given him the night off for that reason, and would hopefully see him in better spirits come morning. He had done a lot of training sessions with his traveling group so they could form a comraderie and for the most part it was working. Raylen seemed to be the odd one out though, and he hoped to fix that as they traveled.

Mykel was to attend as his personal guard tonight. Atlas had allowed him to have a guest, and he'd obliged, it was a girl from home he said. One that he considered a dear friend. Atlas was intrigued. He didn't know much about Mykel's personal life other than the parts everyone knew. This woman wasn't something or someone everyone knew though.

The festivities had started already and he greeted each woman and her escort for a time before mingling with the crowd. The women had their scales on display as a way to tell if any were his bonded. They were all beautiful women, but none were his...

"My prince, I've been looking all over for you," it was Mykel. He had almost forgotten about his presence.

"Forgive me, friend, I felt the need to hide away from expectations for a few," he replied. Atlas noticed that Mykel's companion had yet to arrive. He commented on her absence.

"She is on her way. It was a last minute decision on my behalf so it left her little time to prepare," Mykel responded.

It was time for a dance. The musicians had their instruments ready and he needed a partner. Leaving Mykel he found a female with sky blue scales.

"May I have this dance," he asked

"Of course, my prince," she curtsied and taking her hand in his all he felt was a cold clamminess. She was nervous.

"You were introduced to me, but I don't recall your name," he said. She replied with Lyra. She was not his mate. Once the dance ended he thanked her for the opportunity and she thank him. This continued for three more dances and three more females. He focused on the females with blue scales because he thought that maybe she would be here.

He took a break from the dancefloor. Mykel was standing on the edge of crowd and Atlas made his way to him.

"I had hoped she'd be here Mykel," he whispered. Mykel either didn't hear him or ignored him.

"I'm sure you'll find her my prince," he said a few seconds later.

"Has your partner come? I don't recall any new faces or people being introduced.