five.

CHAPTER FIVE
swear it

Blake

Blake didn't want to be at Empire right now, but he had money to make. However, everyone kept looking at him weirdly because of Royalty's performance. He couldn't stand it.

He was so angry with Royalty because he had shown up at the club to support her, but then she turned around and performed an entirely new song without his permission? A diss song, at that? He felt so blindsided.

The song wasn't the worst part. The worst part was the fact that she had cut up his jackets and threw them at him. Those jackets cost a lot of money, and they were his favorite. Now they were gone.

Despite all of the bullshit that had happened on Saturday, Blake believed he and Royalty could come back from this. He didn't want that bitch Heather; he never did. He had told Heather to kick rocks actually, because Royalty was the only one for him.

He had kissed Heather as payback, so he didn't really cheat. Royalty needed to move on from it and let them be great again. That was why he was looking for her right now; to make her his again. 

He finally found her in a hallway. "Royalty!"

Royalty's head snapped onto him. "Get the hell away from me, Blake!"

"I can't do that. We need to talk, princess."

"Princess? Or do you mean stupid bitch?"

He sighed. "You know I didn't mean that. I say stupid shit when I'm angry."

"That's the problem, Blake. You're always angry and it's annoying. Your mind works like an elevator, like I said."

"Yeah, that song was something else, which is also why I was angry. You dissed me like it was nothing."

"It was nothing. You're nothing, Blake," Royalty dissed.

He was hurt. "So my jackets meant nothing to you? You said they were your favorite gifts, but you cut them up?"

"Yeah. So you couldn't pass them on to Heather."

That made Blake suck his teeth. "How many times do I have to tell you that I don't like Heather? It was just payback."

"I wish you could pay me back the time I wasted on you, but you can't. So leave me alone because my mom was right about you. You're a controlling asshole," Royalty spat. "And Tiana was right about you too. You're toxic."

Hold on, Tiana said he was toxic? Blake knew Cookie didn't like him, but at least she had the guts to call him controlling to his face. But Tiana was talking shit behind his back, making Royalty hate him and shit. He had something for her ass.

He spoke again. "Well, look-"

"No! Leave me alone, or I'mma get my family on you!"

"You don't mean that, princess."

He grabbed her arm but she yanked it away. "Don't touch me!"

The security came running. "Is everything okay, Ms. Lyon?!"

"No! He needs to get away from me!"

"Blake, leave her alone or we're gonna have to ask you to leave."

"Okay, I'm leaving." Blake put his hands up in defeat and walked away since that was what Royalty wanted. She didn't want him altogether, and you know what? Fine. But if he couldn't have her, no one could.

He swore it.

Hakeem

Hakeem had been on edge since yesterday. He should've never went on Instagram live with Jamal because he had seen a comment that made chills run down his spine. It was from a user called keemsbiggestfan, so he already knew it couldn't be good.

After he had asked his fans if they'd like him and Jamal to make a song together, everyone had said yeah except for the keemsbiggestfan person. That person said, "Or Jamal can die." That had made Hakeem so startled, even Jamal noticed. Hakeem didn't tell him anything because he didn't want to scare him, but now he believed he should say something because Hakeem was certain that person was the same person who had texted him from the unknown number, saying they were his biggest fan.

That person was crazy as hell and despised Jamal for no reason, so yeah. Jamal needed to know.

Hakeem feared Jamal would brush it off and say that it was a prank! When he said that the first time, it had made Hakeem so angry because his fans really did go hard for him. Jamal needed to be taking this threat way more seriously. But then again, Jamal had bodyguards following him around again, so maybe Hakeem didn't need to say anything.

He didn't know what to do. He just wanted that person to stop targeting his brother. They weren't even beefing anymore.

The person wasn't stopping because they had just DM'd him on Instagram. Hakeem didn't want to open the message, but he did.

keemsbiggestfan: Hello, Hakeem. Did you see my comment on your live?

Hakeem: You know I did. I was startled as hell.

keemsbiggestfan: Jamal should be the startled one, not you.

Hakeem: Listen, I don't know who you are, but you need to leave Jamal alone. I called off the hit, and we ain't even beefing no more.

keemsbiggestfan: He put his hands on you twice, and probably more times off camera. You deserve to be avenged.

Hakeem: Bruh, why the hell are you doing this? Just stop!

Now they were taking forever to reply, so Hakeem bounced his leg up and down anxiously as he looked around. He saw Blake, and now he was really angry.

"Yo!" He stormed up to Blake. "What the hell are you doing here?!"

"I work here."

That was funny as fuck. "Na, you gotta bounce. Snakes aren't allowed here."

Blake chuckled. "I'm guessing Royalty told you what I did."

"Yeah she did. You really cheated on my sister?"

Hakeem instinctively pushed him, and Blake pushed him back. "I didn't cheat! It was payback for her making a diss song about me."

"You kissed another girl while you had a girlfriend! That's cheating!"

Blake dismissed that. "Man, whatever. I ain't about to argue with you because you weren't there, so you don't know the whole story. I ain't cheat. Now bye, because I got money to make."

"You ain't gonna be making money here for much longer. I promise that."

Blake snorted. "You're crazy if you think I'm going anywhere."

"Yeah, I am crazy. I'm a Lyon. So you better get outta here before I get the whole pack on yo ass," Hakeem threatened.

Blake just snorted and walked away, and Hakeem wanted to fuck him up, but he couldn't focus on Blake right now. He had to focus on the unknown maniac.

Speaking of the unknown maniac, as soon as Blake left, they finally responded. Hakeem had asked them why they were targeting Jamal, and they said,

keemsbiggestfan: Because I'll always have your back.