Chap 10

Dedicated to hydms_, Happy Graduation!

_______________________________________________________________________________________

*Connor* 

It had been a week since I told off Cyrus. It was early in the morning as I noticed the tension between Asher and Constance was thicker than normal. I guess they must have had a serious battle yesterday. We sat at the table eating breakfast like normal when Tammy came badging in.

"Alright maggots, it's time for a pop quiz. I want your scrawny butts outside in five minutes" she went to leave but before she could turn the corner she looked at us both in the eyes. "Better eat fast." She giggled and skipped out like she always did.

Constance and I both rolled out eyes and continued eating.

*

Once outside I saw Tamitha standing next to Cyrus, whose hands were behind his back as he stood in a parade rest.

"Alright, one of you thinks that it's time to get the merry band back together so today we're sending you through a training coarse..." he trailed off and turned at once with Tammy and walked off into the woods.

Constance and I looked at each other shrugging as we followed behind them. It took almost an hour to get to where ever it is we were going. The moment we were close a familiar scent rushed at me and I snapped my head from talking with Asher and Constance and focused in front of me. I saw a rickety old mansion of a house come into view.

I shot forward only to have Cyrus snatch me back. I uttered a deadly warning as I growled at him. I could feel my canines descending.

"Hold it lover boy." He snapped pushing me back into the group. "This is going to be a true test of what you've learned. I'm letting Teagan join the group today only because Connor thinks its best. If anyone dies today you can blame him." He smiled.

"Wait you're setting Connors crazy mate loose? How am I supposed to focus when I'm too busy worrying about burning to death!?" Constance said in outrage. 

"I don't know, take that up with Connor." Cyrus said before walking towards the house. "Good luck with that."

"Way to go dumb ass!" Constance pushed me but I gave her no mind as I took off in the direction of my mate.

Passed the foliage I came to stop right in front of Teagan. He stood silent and watchful. His head slowly turned towards me. He was in the regulated gear as the rest of us and I had to say he pulled it off so well. I think I was drooling a bit.

"Alright, the goal of today is to get the hostages out safely." Tammy's voice distracted me from further checking out my mate.

"There are of course obstacles you will run into. You must find a way to get through them by using your intelligence, your strength, agility and of course your stealth.  You are being timed," Cyrus pulled out a stop watch at her words. "You have twenty minutes... Go!" Cyrus hit the button and we all rushed in leaving Asher behind with our trainers.

I stayed by Teagan's side as Constance opened the front door quietly.

"Where do you think the hostages are?" Constance asked me as she surveyed the house. I lifted my nose seeing if anyone was close.

"The basement" the monotone I heard come out of my mate's mouth caused me to turn in surprise.

Constance straightened from her defensive stance to look over at him to... or more like stare with a frown.

"R-right" she said and went back to the job at hand.

We made our way further in the house, on alert, watching everything. The only thing I heard were our boots echoing softly against the wood floors... scratch that, I heard Constance and my footsteps, not Teagan's. It was like he wasn't even there, I actually had to look to see if he was still next to me.