Chapter 10

Y/N POV

The next day Lizzie texts you that she'll be needed the whole day at set and that Alfred would drive her, which means you don't have to work today.

You
Hey, I just got the day off. Do you want to have lunch with me?
Jamie🪖
Sounds good to me! I'll pick up at 1 pm.
You
Great, thanks!

"So, what were you up to?", Jamie asks, after you both sat down. The restaurant you chose is nearby the beach and you can see children building sandcastles and splashing around in the sea.
"Nothing much. I had to work a lot.", you shrug.
"Speaking of, tell me about it!", he says excitedly.
"I already told you!", you laugh. "I'm just protecting an actress. It's like babysitting but with more fun."
Jamie laughs. "Babysitting? I thought of becoming a bodyguard too. But babysitting doesn't sound really tempting."
"You want to be a bodyguard too?", You look at him in disbelief.
Jamie was with you in the Army. From the first day to the last one he always stayed by your side. He taught you what camaraderie really means; that you look out for each other no matter what and that no one gets left behind. Jamie's whole family was in the Army and it was always certain that he would spend his whole life in service.
"You want to leave the Army?", you ask him.
He nods.
"Yeah, you know, I'm married now and that makes me think a lot. What if I don't come back from a mission? I can't leave Laura alone and every time I leave this country is a risk I'm not willing to take any longer. We ... we want to start a family and I want to know my kid."
"Hey that's great! That's fantastic", you grin from ear to ear. "You're going to be a dad"
Jamie smiles. "Yeah I guess so."
"Did you already choose what you want?", the waiter asks, as he approaches your table.
You both order what you want and shortly after the waiter comes already back with your food.
"So, will you quit your job soon or will there be a last mission?", you ask Jamie between two bites.
"There's gonna be one last mission. I'll go back to Afghanistan. There's still so much to do. I mean, you've seen it. We started a new project by the way."
"Really? What is it?"
"Well, the village needs a new school and we help them to build it. Hopefully it all goes well and boys and especially girls, who don't really have any access to education, can have their lessons there soon.", Jamie answers and his eyes sparkle of passion.
"This is so cool! I'm very proud of you!", you smile at him genuinely.

You finish your food and pay.
"Hey, it was really nice to see you. We should totally do this again!", you say as you stand up.
"Yes, it really was. I'll text you when I'm back from Afghanistan."
You pull him in a hug.
"You're gonna be a great dad.", you whisper in his ear and pull away.
"Thanks.", he grins. "I'll see you."
You wave goodbye and head home.

You sit on your couch, cuddled up in a blanket and watch your favorite movie. It already dawns. The only source of light is your tv, which casts dancing shadows in your living room. A gust of wind rattles your window and you look outside. Looks like a storm is brewing. Your phone buzzes and you see that you got a message from Lizzie.

Lizzie
Hey, I know it's late, but I haven't eaten yet and I would like to go out. I'm too lazy to cook right now.

You
Since when is Elizabeth Olsen too lazy to cook?

Lizzie
Yeah, I know. I can't believe either. Do you come with me or what?

You
I'm on my way.

"Heyy, Y/N!", Lizzie greets you excitedly.
"Good evening, Ms. Olsen.", you say and grin.
She slaps your arm playfully.
"Stop calling me that. It's horrible. We're friends, remember?"
"Of course, I remember.", you smile. "So where are we going tonight?"
"There's a new restaurant I want to try.", she says as she walks with you to her car.
"Okay, well I hope it's not too fancy. I'm not sure if I can afford it.", you say sarcastically.
"Oh, come on. It's on me. Just consider it as your payment.", Lizzie grins.
"I get paid with food? That's something I can live with."

Lizzie gives you the directions and you drive to the restaurant. It's actually pretty nice. There are cute little lights and candles everywhere which envelope the room in a warm atmosphere. The waitress shows you your table and pull out the chair to help Lizzie to sit down.
"A true gentlewoman.", she comments with a smile.
"Just trying to be the best I can be.", you offer jokingly.
You take a look at the menu and narrow your brows. You have absolutely no idea how to pronounce the things written there, let alone what food is behind these words.
As you look up from the menu in desperation you can already sense Lizzie's amused stare.
"Got some problems?", she asks, trying to hide her smile.
"Uhm. I have no idea what all this is. Hell, I can't even pronounce it.", you say.
"Let me order for you.", she suggests.
"Okay.", you nod.
A few minutes later the waitress comes and Lizzie orders you both something.
"Sounds easy, when you say it.", you comment as the waitress leaves.
"Years of practice.", Lizzie replies and you laugh.
You begin some light conversation, talking about work and friends and literally everything that comes to your mind. Nothing is forced, it's just so easy to be comfortable in Lizzie's presence. You listen to her as she begins to ramble about how she wants to improve her cooking skills by taking a cooking class. You find herself staring at her and smile. At this point it doesn't even matter what she says, you could listen to her voice for hours. The candlelight let her eyes shine and sparkle in a warm green.
God, stop it. What am I doing?
You slightly shake your head to get out of your daze and focus on what she's saying.
"Oh, here comes our food.", Lizzie notices and you take a look at the plate that's placed in front of you.
"It looks really nice.", you swarm and take a bite. "Hmm, it's delicious."
"Yeah? I'm glad you like my choice.", she smiles.
"It's a great choice!", you say with a full mouth and she gives you a look. You quickly swallow. "Sorry."
You eat in a comfortable silence.

"Oh no.", Lizzie whispers as you're about to leave the restaurant.
"What is it?"
"Paparazzi. They're literally everywhere."
"Don't worry, I got you.", you assure her and walk in front of her towards the door. She silently follows you and stays right behind you.
As you open the door you are blinded by flashes.
"Lizzie, we heard you are in LA for filming, is that true?", someone shouts.
"Will there be another film?", another paparazzo asks.
"Is Scarlett also here for filming?", someone else yells.
"Ms. Olsen doesn't want to answer any of your questions. Now please back up." You say loud enough for everyone and try to find a way to get out of this situation.
The paparazzi completely ignore you.
"LIZZIE, SMILE FOR US!"
They begin to get even closer. You feel a hand grabbing yours and take a look back. Feeling Lizzie's nervousness you decide to end all of this.
"Excuse me!", you shout and shove the first paparazzo away. He glares at you.
You pull Lizzie with you, as you practically fight your way through the crowd.
"Hey, don't be so aggressive!", someone shouts. "We are just doing our job!"
"Yeah and I am doing mine! Now back the fuck off!", you yell back.

You finally make it back to her car and you help Lizzie to get in. As soon as you sit, you speed away. Realizing how quiet Lizzie is, you turn your head to look at her and see that she's crying.
"Heyy.", you say softly and take her hand giving it a squeeze. She doesn't stop crying, so you decide to pull over and stop.
"Lizzie?"
Her breathing becomes faster, her jaw is tensed as tears are running down her red cheeks.
Shit, she's having a panic attack.
"Okay, okay. Lizzie can you hear me?", you take her hand. "I would like you to do something for me. Can you name five things you can see?"
She gives you uneasy look.
"Uhm.", she stutters. "I can see you...", she begins to list.
You nod. "Yeah, what else?"
"My bag and the steering wheel."
"Great, already three things!"
"And...and the streetlamp outside." Her breathing becomes steadier. "Oh, and the car that parks next to us."
You nod. "Yes, that was good. Now just breathe with me."
You take a few breaths with her until she calms down.
"Thank you.", she mumbles.
"It's alright.", you give her hand a squeeze and smile. Just as you're about to take your hand back, she stops you from doing so and pulls you in for a hug.
"I just hate them so much. Why can't they just leave me alone?", she asks and pulls back.
"Don't ask me. I have no idea.", you answer and begin to drive again. "But just know, I'll always be there to help you out of these situations."
"Thank you.", she says softly.
"No problem, that's what I'm here for.", you look at her and wink.
You take the fastest way to her home and make sure she gets in the house, before heading to your apartment, ready to finish the movie you started to watch earlier.

Heyy guys! A longer chapter for you today, I hope you like it! I almost forgot to eat because I really wanted to finish it, whoopsie. And thank you for 2000 reads! This is amazing!
Quick question: Is anyone else back to school after having online lessons for a year? Because I honestly don't know anymore how to socially interact with people. I have to learn this shit again. Crowds of people scare me now lol.
Anyway take care of yourselves and don't stay up too late!😉