chapter 55

The emperor slowly open his once tired and got up he fell a sleep he must have been really exhausted huh.

He got up off the bed it was already late at night but Na Juan wasn't in bed he was worried then get up and rushed through the halls suddenly he heard the Guqin he followed the melody outside and saw Na Juan sitting peacefully at the table eating with Han Rui.

He paused then let go a breath of relief then gently smiled as he looked at the peaceful aura around them and how happy they are.

Le Huan flinched surprised when a sudden pair of arms wrapped around his neck.

"Your awake?"

"Hmmm"

"Time to eat"

"I'm not hungry"

"You will I won't have you dying from starvation and having my unborn children fatherless" he said coldly

"Hmp okay" the emperor said gently

Le Huan pat his head.

"Father you should eat up and become stronge"

Jie'er walked over with a bowl of soup in her hands and stretched it up to him, the emperor looked down at her smiling innocently but as he was about to take it he paused seeing Yingjie for a second then retreat and shake his head.

"I'm not hungry maybe another time" the emperor said sadly

Jie'er kept the soup feeling sad her father never refused anything from her her father doesn't look well and she is worried.

"Your imperial majesty you have to eat eventually"

"I'm just tired that's all"

Betrayal can do the worst thing to people.

"Jie'er why don't you feed your father he seems he refuses to eat isn't he being too picky" Le Huan smiled.

"Hmm father you must eat and don't be picky" she grinned

"Your highness it's not Yingjie it's Jie'er princess Jie'er open your eyes please eat something" Le Huan said in a gentle low tone.

The emperor was surprised Na Juan who was most indifferent and seems to dislike like him most of the time is now asking him to eat just how worried was he, the emperor breathe not wanting to worry him anymore he let go then went over to Jie'er.

"Now open up"

The emperor open his mouth and Jie'er happily feed him the emperor chew then swallow then his turned the soup taste awful can't these servant cook.

The emperor looked around to see the servants with guilty expressions on their faces Jie'er then went to the emperor's ears and whispered.

"Father Jie'er is truly worried about your well being but aunty's cooking tastes like bitter medicine and so Jie'er use you as a scapegoat Jie'er doesn't want to hurt aunty's feelings Jie'er is truly sorry" 

This was Le Huan's cooking.

Meilin ate Le Huan's cooking but he never said he enjoyed it the first time he ate it he wonders if his lady was making bitter tonic and from then on he highly advised that he does not cook but he couldn't stop him this time and he cooked.

"How is it?" He asked

"Eh"

"The soup do you like it"

"My concubine I love and I appreciate your hard work but please don't go in the kitchen your pregnant you can get hurt" he said dodging the question.

Le Huan think then nod

"Maybe when the young ones are born"

"Yes yes but for now stay away from the kitchen"

Everyone nods in approval.

Le Huan in his past life cooked for his sister but she told him to stay away from his kitchen he taste his food and food nothing wrong with it.

What Le Huan didn't know was that because he was just to the bitter taste of medicine and other medications his concept of proper food taste was shot, the only reason why he found the baby tonic bad because it tasted extremely bad awful.

The servants sighed they where spared for now it's not that they didn't acknowledge their lady's hardwork but their taste buds couldn't take the strain it's too awful.

They have come to respect the emperor for sparing them for now but still who is going to finish tonight's food.

The emperor in order not hurt his concubine's feelings finished the awful soup and felt super healthy the next morning.