Chapter 19

The wooden bars that enclosed the Kleffasse shattered into pieces and the gray clouds that covered the sky dissipated, revealing the soft, warm rays of the sun.

Luana withdrew her sword from the trunk of the tree as the latter returned to its original as a dagger that Luana put back in her pocket.

The princess took the Kleffasse in her hands and looked at it in happiness and wonder.

"Finally, I found you," she whispered, a smile on her lips.

She turned around to look at Lucas who was advancing slowly towards her, smiling slightly.

"We did it, Lucas. We have it," she said, showing him the plant.

"Yeah. And that's all thanks to you," he replied.

"You're not badly injured, I hope," she asked worriedly.

"No, don't worry. Just a few scratches. Nothing more."

Luana put the plant in the small pocket that was attached to her waist and took out a small vial that she gave to Lucas.

"What is this ?" asked the young knight, puzzled.

"A healing potion. A few drops of it is enough to make small wounds disappear completely."

"Oh, I see. Thank you so much."

The captain swallowed a few drops of the potions and his wounds instantly regenerated.

"It's really efficient," he remarked.

"Yeah, it is. But it weakens the body slightly. So, it's not practical during a fight."

"Yeah, I understand."

"I was really scared when Ravak tackled you to the ground. He almost killed you."

"To tell you the truth, I noticed that you were heading towards the big tree. So, I understood that you had something on your mind. That's why I purposely distracted him a little bit."

"Yeah. It was black light-shaped magic that was fueling them. I saw it emanating from their chests. Then, I noticed it on the trunk of the tree. I immediately understood that it was the source of their energy."

"I see. I was so focused on the fight that I didn't notice a thing."

"But you really didn't have to risk your life to distract the enemy, Lucas. You could have been dead right now," she added worriedly.

"I know. But I have complete confidence in you and your abilities, Luana," he replied, smiling affectionately at her.

Luana blushed slightly at his words.

The two young people looked at each other without saying anything. It was Leo's growl that brought them out of their thoughts.

"What's the matter, Leo ?" Lucas asked.

The animal pointed his muzzle at the white wolf who was lying on the ground, blood dripping from its left leg.

"Oh my god !" exclaimed the princess.

She rushed over to them and knelt in front of the animal. She reached out her hand to stroke its head gently. But the latter growled aggressively as it tried to back away.

"No... Don't worry... I won't hurt you... You're safe..." she whispered.

Leo walked over to the animal and whimpered slightly to calm it down.

After a few seconds, the white wolf relaxed and let the princess approach him. The latter took the vial of the healing potion and poured a few drops on the wounded leg of the wolf. The animal whimpered in pain.