Chapter 90

"So Voldemort has chosen Draco Malfoy for a mission?" Remus clarified as he sat with Leona, Harry, Arthur and Tonks in the living room of the Burrow, the others still goofing off and eating the last of the food in the kitchen.

Leona had met with her godfather and Tonks several times over the last few months, the two having revealed that they were a couple. It had also been revealed that Tonks and Leona were like third or fourth cousins, Tonks' mother having been a Black before she was disowned for marrying a muggle.

She couldn't have been happier for him. He deserved the same happiness that Fred brought her.

"I know it sounds mad -" Harry began.

"Has it occurred to you Harry that Snape was simply pretending to offer Draco help so he could find out what he was up to?" Remus questioned.

"That's not what it sounded like," Harry persisted.

"Perhaps Harry's right Remus," Tonks spoke up. "To make an unbreakable vow it -"

"It comes down to whether or not you trust Dumbledore's judgement," Remus interrupted. "Dumbledore trusts Snape, therefore, I do."

"Dumbledore can make mistakes, he said so himself," Harry pointed out.

"You're blinded by hatred!" Remus snapped.

"I'm not," Harry retorted.

"Yes, you are!"

"Enough!" Leona intervened, voice authoritative. "If you can't have a civil conversation, then we who can will go elsewhere to conduct business and leave you behind, because this childish bickering will get us no closer to defeating Voldemort," she warned, Remus glaring at her but she glared right back as he sighed, Tonks smirking at her because she was absolutely right.

"People are disappearing daily Harry. We can only place our trust in a handful of people. Lena is right, if we start fighting amongst ourselves, we're doomed," Remus agreed and Leona stood.

"It's Christmas. And I for one don't want to spend it on a sour note, so here's what's going to happen," she began as she looked down at her brother. "Harry, when you return to school, you will return with a letter. A letter you will deliver straight to Professor Snape."

"You're going to write him a letter?" Harry asked incredulously. "What's that going to do?'

Leona smacked his head as the boy grimaced.

"Snape likes me better than most of the people in this room, you two especially," she said as she pointed at her godfather and her godbrother. "So yes, I'm going to write him a letter. And we are going to trust what he says. Harry's curiosity is satisfied, and Uncle Remus still has his trust intact. Anyone got a problem with that?"

Silence fell as they shook their heads collectively.

"Good."

She then pecked Arthur's cheek and Remus' before planting one on Harry's head and walking over to Fred, an instant smile on her face.

But that smile quickly faded when Remus and Tonks hand been about to leave and the crackle of fire sounded as death eaters enclosed the burrow with a circle of flames.

And who would stand there in the centre of the chaos but Bellatrix Lestrange.

"ROSALEE NO!" Fred yelled as he'd run for the door after seeing the circle of fire, and he'd arrived just in time to watch Leona move the flames as she ran through, anger coursing through her veins.

But while everyone had been focused on her, no one had seen Harry and Ginny run through a gap in the flames that Remus and Tonks tried to tame.

And they disappeared into the darkness of the field.