Four

•Kalanie•

Kalanie stepped out of the shower, and slipped on some black jeans , and a white shirt. She slipped on some white vans with that.

Kalanie sprayed on a small amount of perfume before grabbing her purse , and heading outside.

She hopped in her car, and headed to the nail shop.

"Hi, what can I help you with?" A lady spoke. "I want a manicure, and a pedicure." Kalanie smiled.

"Alright. You can pick your colors , and then take a seat in that chair." She pointed. Kalanie nodded before walking off and grabbing white polish.

She sat down in the chair , and scrolled on her phone while waiting for the nail tech.

••••••

Kalanie walked around the mall while holding some bags. She stopped by foot locker.

She walked inside, and began looking at the pair of Jordan 11s on the wall. She picked up a shoe.

"Can I get these in a size 6?" She asked. "Yes ma'am." A worker nodded before walking off.

"Size 6? Childish ass feet."

Kalanie turned around, and locked eyes with Amir. A goofy grin formed across her lips.

"What you smiling for? You blocked a nigga?" He asked. She shook her head no with a smile. "I deleted your number though." She shrugged as the worker handed her the shoebox.

"Thank you." She smiled before sitting down. "Tell yo friend to lose my number. Imma call you later , answer." He explained.

"I might." She mumbled as she slipped on a shoe. She took the shoe off and placed it back in the box.

"I got you." He grabbed the box. "Nah, I got it." She reached for the box. "Chill out. I'm just finna pay for the shoes." He explained as he walked to the cash register.

She stood to the side with her arms crossed as she looked around. "Thank you." He spoke as he took the bag. He handed the bag to Kalanie.

"Thanks." She smiled. He nodded as they walked out of the store.

"Where you finna go?" He asked as the two walked together. "Home." She replied.

"Oh, ok..imma call you. Answer, and Ian playing with you neither." He stopped walking. "Alright." She smiled.

"Bye." He pulled her into a hug. She was hesitant but she hugged back.

"Lemme walk you out." He grabbed her hand. "I'm grown." She smiled. "Aight." He threw his hands up before smiling. He watched her walk away.

"Damn." He mumbled to himself as he licked his lips.

Kalanie walked out of the mall, and hopped in her car. She placed the bags on the passenger seat.

Her phone rang as she pulled off. She sighed as she answered. "hello." Her mother spoke through the Bluetooth.

"What?" Kalanie mumbled. "I-im coming over. I wanna spend time with you." She stuttered. Kalanie sighed before speaking.

"Ok , ma. I'm on my way home now." She mumbled. "Okay." Melanie responded before hanging up.

•••••

Kalanie sat in the living room watching blackish. Then the doorbell rang.

Kalanie stood up , and opened the door. She frowned seeing her mother with big Jay.

"Hey." Melanie smiled. "Ma..." Her voice trailed off.

Kalanie didn't wanna be rude , but she didn't want Jay in her house. Jay made her uncomfortable, and being uncomfortable in her own house just wasn't right.

"Aren't you gonna let us in?" She smiled. "you can come in , but he can't...." She looked away.

"Aww come on. Don't be like that kalanie." Her mom pushed past her while holding Jay's hand.

Kalanie sighed as she shut, and locked the door behind her.

She walked to the living room, and spotted her mom , and Jay messing with a pillow. She quickly let it go when she seen kalanie coming.

Kalanie sat on the couch across from them. "Y'all can watch something." She mumbled.

"No, I'm ok." Her mom explained as kalanie got a facetime call.

"I'll be back." She stood up. She answered as she began walking up the stairs.

When she reached her bedroom she sat on the bed. "Waddup." Amir spoke. "Hey." Kalanie smiled.

"What you up to?" He asked in a low raspy voice. Almost like he had just waken up.

"Nothing. Hanging with my mom." She explained. "well shid , Ian Gon hold you baby, but you tryna see a movie on Saturday?" He questioned.

"Yeah..text me. Let me know. I'm down." She smiled. "Alright." He smiled in the camera. "Bye." She hung up.

She slipped her phone in her back pocket as she stood up.

She headed back downstairs with a smile on her face.