Chapter 7, Somewhat Normal? (not)

The walk was long and tedious, the only notable thing that happened was when Dr. Strange's cape landed on my shoulder. Thankfully I had both of the twins strapped to my front but I still wondered why it kept on following me. What I didn't expect was, upon arriving at the tower, the enormous mass of reporters crowding the door.

Another thing I didn't expect was for someone to notice me and for all of them to turn around and rush at me. I had never been this afraid. This was way out of my element (pun intended if you understand) and I had no idea how to handle it. So I did what every normal human would do.

I ran.

But I didn't run away. I ran straight towards them, praying to God that my plan worked. It did, for the most part. I got through the crowd with only minimal bruises but was immediately stopped by security.

"Hey, you can't go in there." One of them said. I was done with this bullshit. "Listen all of those reporters there are after me and I'm assuming because of my- uh - connections to the Avengers. Please just let me through."

"No. You listen little girl. Do you know how many girls your age claim to know the avengers every day? Hundreds. You aren't allowed through and tha-" The other guard cut off and went pale, clearly listening to the comm in his ear.

"I am so sorry Miss Time. I didn't realize this was you. Go ahead on in." I went to go in but he gently touched my arm and whispered, "Could you please tell the boss it was an honest mistake? I don't want to get fired."

"I'll see what I can do. I understand." I say, finally going inside into silence. Granted, that silence didn't last long.

"What the hell were you thinking!!!!" Mr. Barnes practically yelled at me, Dr. Strange and Miss Maximoff right behind him as he strode across the room.

"The only reason the others aren't here yelling at you also is because Peter's not back from school and the rest are on a mission. YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN HURT OR KIDNAPPED!!!! Not to mention you didn't even think to inform us!"

I cringed as the twins started crying. I would've cried too but I was to scared. First the crowd of reporters now one of my soulmates yelling at me, it was a lot. Dr. Strange quickly pulled Mr. Barnes aside, probably to calm him down, as I tried to quiet the twins down.

Miss Maximoff wordlessly took Nova and started rocking her, heading back towards the elevator that they had come out of. As we got into the elevator the twins started quieting down but the boys were still in a heated discussion. Miss Maximoff spoke up, 

"While I do think Bucky was completely right in that situation. I don't think he handled it properly. Yes, you shouldn't have left the school and came here without telling us. But Bucky should not have yelled at you like that. Although you do have to understand, Bucky is very protective of people he loves, so that was actually how I thought he was going to react."

Now I felt really bad. "I'm sorry, it was kinda a force of habit. Also my last period was free period and I wasn't sure how to contact you guys and- I didn't really want Mr. Stark to come and pick me up. There's already too many people trying to sucker up to me."

"I have a question for you. Why do you call us Mr. and Miss? We're your soulmates, just call us by our first names."

I hesitated. "The truth? I think I use it as a coping mechanism. Me and mom have - had never lived anywhere longer then 6 months. The only people I really interacted with were adults and I called them Mr. and Miss just so I didn't get attached to them. The only friend I've ever had my age is MJ and I haven't even known her for long."

Miss Maximoff frowned at my revelation and replied, "Will you please call me Wanda? The only time I hear Miss Maximoff is when I'm in trouble with the government or talking with Fury."