Chapter 124: The God's Rage & Getting Another Divine Item

Cale started to clap.

Clap. Clap. Clap. Other people were cheering and clapping while watching the bishop pour water on the altar as well.

"Let all of this year's sorrows disappear the moment the water seeps into the ground!"
The bishop shouted first and the people repeated it back.

People even started to stomp their feet to cheer for the lake with the legend of the god's tear.

Cale had thought that it would be somber because it was an offering ceremony, however, it was vibrant.

Cale used the noisy environment to ask Hong, who was in his arms, a question.
"Those bastards are staying there?"

Meeeeeow.
Hong, who still looked like a kitten probably because he was still only eight-years-old in human years, meowed in response.

Cale started to organize his thoughts after hearing the response.

'Those bastards, Arm, stayed at the Duke's Estate instead of leaving after handing over the item. Will we end up meeting them in the Duke's Estate?'

Cale was thinking about how he will get to meet new members of Arm as he slowly started to walk away from the loud crowd.

He had left Rosalyn, who was weaker than Clopeh, and the extremely handsome Whales, behind just in case.

Only Choi Han and the children were with him. It would be bad if they were seen by Clopeh or if people remembered them later on.

"Even our god will be happy about our hopeful dispositions!"

Woooooooooooo-

Cale watched the people cheering as he took a tteok kkochi from Choi Han. 'How interesting.'

Cale found it interesting that citizens of the Paerun Kingdom, a kingdom without a national religion and even had many different religions within it, were all praising a single god together.

Maybe they weren't necessarily praising the god in the legend of the God's Tears, but instead just enjoying the fact that it gave them a reason to relax and celebrate.

'Well, that is none of my business.' Cale chewed on the rice cake as he looked above the altar.

He did not see Guardian Knight Clopeh Sekka as he had expected. Instead, he could see the current family head, Duke Sekka, Clopeh's father.

'People still think that the duke is the 'Guardian Knight'.'

That was how it was known throughout the kingdom. Only a few people knew that Clopeh was the true Guardian Knight.
The people who knew could be categorized into two groups.

The first group was the people who were working with Clopeh in order to declare war against the southern kingdoms. The second group was Cale's people.

"Siiiiiiigh." Cale started to feel annoyed for no reason as he casually lifted Hong up with one hand as he finished the tteok kkochi.

It was at that moment.

He heard a sad voice in his mind.

– ...H-Human.

It was Raon.

– I have a piggy bank ... I have a lot of money. Please buy me a tteok kkochi as well.

Cale lowered his head to see that Hong was salivating as well. On, who was in Choi Han's arms, was focused on Cale as well.

He felt the gazes of the three children and started to speak. "I wasn't thinking. I'll buy it for you later."