Fatherly Instincts

Their daughter in this One Shot is called Luna May Matthews. She turned 14 2 weeks ago and her dad, Josh noticed she's been hanging around with 'friends' lately so he did what any reasonable dad would do. He went to pick her up after school without telling her or Maya so he could...spy on her, basically.

Luna's POV

I walk out of school with my friends. My best friend, Abigail Ru Friar. Alistair Shane Minkus, Vanessa Babineaux my parents know all 3 of them because they're good friends with their parents. Today though there was a new boy who asked if I could show him around, then I offered him to hang out with us after school. My mum knows because she's chill unlike my dad who would freak if I told him. His name is Storm, unusual I know but have you met my mum's friend? Anyways we were infront of school talking when I see a car outside of school that looks super familiar when I see my dad get out. I'm stood next to Storm and my dad looks quite angry about it. When he walks up he says, "Lu? Who. Is. That?" He asks, throwing a glare at Storm. I roll my eyes before answering, "His name is Storm and he's new so I showed him around school and asked if he wanted to hand out with us." I state simply but this just seems to bug him more. I see Vanessa about to burst with laughter, "Why didn't you tell me?" He asks and I groan mentally, "Because it isn't a big deal." I say, shrugging my shoulders. "A big deal?! Oh Honey! You poor innocent child!" He says and my face goes red when other people start watching. "Dad! You're embarrassing me! And mum knew anyway!" I say quickly and he raises an eyebrow. "She did? Did she?" He says while taking his phone out obviously thinking she would've told him. "Hey Sweetheart, Luna's here hanging out with a boy we haven't met, nor talked to his parents about and she's claiming you knew." He says into the phone and I can tell from his shocked expression that she told him that she knew. "Well I'll see you later." He states before hanging up and putting his phone away. "So your mother appears to be alright with...this." He says signalling between you and Storm. "Dad we're hardly friends, we met like 5 hours ago." I say, slightly annoyed at my dad's overprotective nature. "But!" My dad starts only to get cut off by Storm. "Actually about that...Luna...you've been really nice to me all day...I know how little time I've known you but I feel like you know me better than I know myself and that we get along really well..." Why does it sound like he's proposing? I look at my dad to see steam coming out of his ears, "I was wondering if you would like to go on a date with me?" He asks and even though I know only one answer could save his life I couldn't bring myself to say it, "I would love to Storm but I think if I say yes my dad would kill you." I say smiling. "So a yes?" He asks and I nod, "But run!" I say and push him into a run only for my dad to bolt after him a few seconds later. So my Dad might kill my first date. Great.

--Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed!! Let me know what you think and have a great day ^_^ !--