Chapter-2 When Change started

Meanwhile in Mystic Fall
In Forest

Elena: Do you know this place too?

Elijah: I do, below us is a cavern I used to play in as a boy, it's connected to a system of tunnels that stretch across the entire area. Perhaps it was nature's way of providing us with shelter against the savagery of the full moon. My mother said there must be a balance. (He said while looking around the surrounding area.)

Filled with guilt and uneasiness Elena replied with, " I should probably go home."

Elijah: I admire you, Elena. You remind me of qualities I valued long before my mother turned us. It's not in your nature to be deceitful and yet when I asked you about your meeting with mother the other night you lied to my face, Elena. (He said without looking at the doppelganger.)

Elena: That's not true. I told you that all your mother wanted was a new start Elijah. (She continued to lie.)

Elijah: I can hear your heartbeat. It jumps when you're being dishonest with me. (He said while walking her way only a few steps away from her.) You lied to me at the ball and you're lying to me now. So tell me the truth Elena.

Shaking her head she hurriedly whispers, " I never wanted this to happen." Elijah in reply walks even closer to her that you could almost feel the power with each step that he takes and says, " What,Elena?"

Elena: We were told that whatever was gonna be in the coffin was gonna kill Klaus. When we found out that it was your mother... We didn't know what to think. (She tried to explain.)

Elijah: Since her return she has said she only wants this family whole again. (He replied nonchalantly.)

Elena: When she asked to see me, I... I thought that maybe she could help, that she would find a way to kill Klaus. But it's not just Klaus she wants to kill.

Elijah: She wants to kill us all, doesn't she? She wants to undo the evil she has created.

Elena: I'm so sorry, Elijah. (She replied with a sad smile.) I wish there was something I could do to help.

Elijah: You know, one thing I've learned in my time on this earth... Be careful what you wish for. (With that being said he kicked the ground below them creating a giant hole and dragged Elena in it with him.)

[Mystic Grill]

Kol and Klaus had just arrived in time to hear the conversation between Alaric and Meredith.

Klaus: Ah, come on now. Let's not go blaming the new family in town just cause you lot have got yourselves a killer at large. Don't mind us. My brother and I are just here to let off some steam. Right, Kol.

Kol just replied with, "Right," too busy looking at Meredith.

Meanwhile Damon and Alaric were thinking of the plan they had, to dagger one original so that the others would also go down with them since all the originals were linked as one. Earlier that day Elijah had come to the Boarding House and told Damon and Stefan that he had Elena in Rebekah's care so they had to help him out and trash the original witches plan to kill all her children.

But being the idiots they are they planned to dagger them so that they'd be able to have more time. So they sent Caroline to distract Klaus while they used the dagger on Kol.