Lucifer - Drunk Words, Sober thoughts

A/n: There's this cannon chat, where Lucifer "kinda confesses"... Eh, whatever! 

Picture: https://www.zerochan.net/3413853

...

Lucifer: Who even came up with the idea that whoever empties their bottle first, wins...?

Lucifer: Oh, right. I did...

Lucifer: My bad. Ah, my head is spinning.

Lucifer: Good night (Y/n)

Lucifer: Love you

You stared at your phone for a moment. You shuffled up from your bed, ignoring the burning in your cheeks. You slipped on some house shoes and draped a blanket over your shoulders. Quickly, you shuffled out of your room and made your way towards Lucifer's room. There wasn't any light shining from underneath his closed door. With a light knock, you announced your arrival and peered in. Your eyes glanced towards the sofa and his bed; both were unoccupied. With a sigh, you shut the door close.

"That sadist," you grumbled. "I bet he's too drunk to make it to his room."

You quickly descended the staircase, the blanket draped around your shoulders fluttering behind you like a cape. Without hesitating, you flung the front door open. A body toppled forward. You shrieked and stepped back before the body could hit your feet.

"Oh, good morning, (Y/n)," Lucifer looked up at you, a sleepy smile forming on his face. He slowly rose from where he was sprawled out. He slowly blinked at the now open door. "I couldn't get it to open earlier."

"Lucifer," You breathed out. Your hand clutched at your chest, trying to will your heart to slow down. "You could have just called me and I would have let you in."

"Mmm, but I already told you good night. I didn't want to wake you," he spoke with a slight slur, the remnants of the Demonus still strongly running through his veins.

"You did, among other things," you spoke. You knelt down to the demon's side and place his arm to wrap around your shoulders. "Let's get you to bed before one of your brothers takes advantage of you in this state," You grunted as you hoisted Lucifer back up to his feet. He leaned most of his weight on you, trying to have as much contact with you as possible.

"You could take advantage of me in this state," his words rolled out with a grin.

You huffed a puff of air out in annoyance. "Don't be ridiculous." You struggled to take a few steps forward with the amount of weight you were supporting. "Lucifer, help me out here."

"Only if you give me a kiss."

"Lucifer!" You scolded. "I'm not going to kiss you like this."

"Then, how about when I'm sober," Lucifer questioned, he looked up at the staircase and sagged more of his weight onto you. You yelped and tried desperately to keep from falling.

"Fine! Fine! When you're sober, I'll kiss you! Just stand up, please!"

Lucifer stood up straight but kept his arm around you. "Deal. Shall we?" He started to lead you up the stairs but stumbled every so often. "Diavolo and I spoke about you so much tonight, you know?"

"Yes, you mentioned that while texting me," you hummed and focused on getting up the stairs, one by one.

"I suppose I did." Lucifer was quiet for a moment but stopped on a stair. "He was teasing me."

You glanced up at him. He was staring ahead, but at nothing in particular. His vision was likely blurry, unfocused. "He teased you? About what?"

"You." His red eyes looked down and focused on yours. "He knows how much I'm infatuated with you and kept teasing me. It got worse as we kept drinking."

"Both of you were just drunk, it's not true," you grumbled and looked down at your feet. You urged Lucifer to keep taking steps forward.

"You're right," Lucifer spoke. A sharp jolt of pain entered your heart but you kept your face void of emotion. "Infatuation is short-term passion. We were using the wrong word." You remained silent as the pair of you neared Lucifer's room, "What would be the right word? Besotted? Ensorcelled? Captivated? Enraptured?"

"Yes, you know a lot of words," You sighed and pushed the door to Lucifer's room open. The pair stumbled through the entryway and meandered to his bed. "Go on, sit down." You guided the demon's body to sit on the edge. Kneeling down, you began to untie his shoes and slip them off his feet. Lucifer gazed down at you with a soft smile.

"I think the word that best describes how I feel for you is simply loooooveee," You paused for a moment before quickly finishing taking off his shoes. You stood back up and helped him remove his tie and shrug off his cape. 

Lucifer frowned. "You're not going to say anything back."

You refused to make eye contact with him. "You're drunk, you don't mean it."

Lucifer raised his hands to rest on yours. "I do."

"No, you don't," you argued taking your hands away from his. You took a couple of steps away from him. "You don't mean it, Lucifer. You would never tell me any of this while sober." You felt your bottom lip trembling as the ache in your heart grew. "You don't actually love me." You turned from him and wiped a tear that had managed to fall. "Good night, Lucifer." You hurried out of his room.

"(Y/n)!" Lucifer stood, but the spinning in his head intensified, forcing him to fall back onto his bed. "Damn it."

(TIMESKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY  Luke baking cookies)

A slow and slightly uncoordinated knock woke you up from a dreamless slumber. You pushed yourself up from the bed and glanced at the time on your D.D.D. It was nearing nine in the morning. With a sigh, you did your best to fix your mess of a head, your fingers untangling the knots in your hair. Shaking your head, you staggered to the door. 

"Lucifer?" you asked quietly. His eyes were closed tightly as he pinched his nose. "How are you feeling?"

"I have a terrible headache," he grumbled and slowly opened his eyes to peer down at you. "I should have known better than to have a drinking competition with Diavolo." He removed his hand from his face. "I'm sorry I caused you trouble last night." He glanced to the side. "It was unbecoming of me."

"It's okay," you whispered.

"No, it's not. With that said, I appreciate you helping me." You silently nodded your head – slowly realizing that he remembered everything from last night. You bit your lip to keep a frown from being too evident on your face. "And about what I said last night-"

"You didn't mean it, I know. It's fine," You interrupted. Your hand gripped the side of your door. "Is that all? I should probably get ready."

"No!" Lucifer's hand shot to the door to keep you from shutting it. "I...I did mean it. Every word."

You looked up at him with widened eyes. "You did?"

"Yes. Now that I'm sober." He paused as his head pounded with pain. "Mostly sober. Do you believe me? Do you believe that I love you?" You swallowed down your nerves and nodded, not trusting your voice to work. Lucifer sighed with relief and lowered his head, hiding his expression from you. "Good." He stood up straight once more. "That's all I needed." He turned to leave but paused when he felt your hand grip his sleeve. He glanced over his shoulder at you with a raised eyebrow.

"I owe you a kiss," you mumbled with some embarrassment. "From last night."

Lucifer chuckled lightly. "You don't have to unless you actually want to." He turned to face you fully once more.

"I...I want to." You grabbed the fabric of his shirt and pulled him down, gently resting your lips against his. He hummed happily and moved his hand to the back of your head, relishing in your warmth. You pulled away after a moment. The hand gripping his shirt moved to wrap around him, and you rested your head on his chest. 

"I love you too, Lucifer."

Lucifer's arms wrapped around you, tightly squeezing you against him. He bent forward and buried his face into the crook of your neck. "You have no idea how happy that makes me. Thank you, my love."

Words: 1374<3