Two: Antitode

"I don't want to scare you away."

"Just tell me."

"You sure?"

"Yep."

"I might... possibly like you? I don't know yet."

Sunghoon wished he could forget that conversation he had with Jungwon the day before his figure skating competition.

The younger had come over to his house and they went out to his back yard, sitting on the rocks that lined the small stream of water behind the house's gate. They talked about everything and everything there. And Sunghoon could have sworn the trees surrounding them were leading the conversation somehow, and the stars above them that shown when it finally got dark out were like people sitting beside them, holding their hands.

Sunghoon had opened up.

He told Jungwon how he was secretly a hopeless romantic, yet he was scared to get into a relationship that would let him live out his fantasies.

"Well, even Sunoo doesn't know this. But I always say relationships are silly, which they are, but really I just want to be swept off my feet. Like love is amazing and I just want to experience it for myself. But at this point, I've kinda accepted that I'm going to be alone for a while, maybe forever at this rate, like I'm finally in the spot where I'm not desperate for a movie scene anymore."

"I was the same way. Until Minju, but now that we're on the break and she's testing out the whole polyamory thing I've gotten those same feelings like everything is going to go wrong. But I just want a fairytale story that consists of slow dances and holding hands on the beach."

Sunghoon couldn't really see his face because of how dark it was. But he could see his soul if that made sense. His soul was out in the open for him to see so clearly and he loved it. Not many people did that, so it made him feel like the two were somehow molding together.

"I feel like I'm meant to help you get ready to love. Like with your nervousness around physical affection. That's why I'm going slow with you and not hugging you the second I see you, even if I am a cuddle monster. Like I want to warm you up instead of throwing everything in your face."

"I appreciate that. Not many people think about my comfortability. It's not that I don't want affection, it's just that I never get it so when someone tries to give it to me I freak out."

"I get that. Just too much at once?"

"Yeah. Exactly."

Jungwon stayed quiet, looking at the trees for a moment before holding his hand out with the palm facing up.

"You know about Aura's right? And the energy they give off?"

"Yeah, I learned about them a while ago."

"Ok just feel my energy then."

Sunghoon stared at him for a good ten seconds before he brought his hand from out his hoodie pocket, hovering it over Jungwon's. He could feel a tingling in the space between their palms and it made his heart rate pick up.

"Can I touch you? I don't want you to freak out or anything."

"Go for it."

Jungwon's hand then raised and met the surface of Sunghoon's. It was both cold and warm at the same time.

"How does this make you feel?"

"Uh... I don't know."

"Is it good or bad?"

"Good? I think? Maybe neutral I guess. Like a nervous excitement maybe?"

The younger nodded and brought his hand back to himself. Sunghoon didn't want him to, but he knew if he continued he probably get a little too attached to the boy. And he had a problem with that, obsessing over new things that made him feel happy or just new feelings in general. And the obsession would make him dive headfirst into things he would often end up regretting. Jungwon was right, if he was going to test the waters of affection with someone, he should go slow. He trusts the boy, but he still needs to feel safe. He was more self-aware now of his obsessive tendencies, and he wouldn't let them take over this time.