Chapter 23 - Friendly Friends

° ° ° ° °

Warning/s: Filler 💃

° ° ° ° °

You awoke with Red Velvet holding onto you. Last night was a vauge blur, and you werent exactly trying hard to remember what happened.

The tender area around your eyes stung from crying, maybe you cried yourself to sleep. Everyone was still asleep except for you, you wondered what time it was.

Moving even a little seemed to make Red Velvet stir, but you wanted to get more comfortable. Sleeping while sitting uo wasnt practical, thats just going to make your neck and back hurt in the morning. You managed to squirm down into a position that was comfortable, just laying down, Red Velvet seemed to cave in with you though. Now he layed with his head right next to yours, and his arms across your body. No matter.

You closed your eyes, trying to not let any thought pass through, and just sleep. The sound of the native bugs and the small squeaking of cakes was all you heard as you drifted back to sleep.

° ° °

You felt like your whole body was being engulfed by water, it was a cold and damp feeling. The area you guys stopped in didnt have any water...

Opening your eyes just revealed the same place you got stuck in sometimes. It had been a small while, but you saw the red light glowing in the distance. It had more of a form to it now, a small texture that looked like fabric that flowed around it. It just stood there, not saying anything.

"What do you want now?" You ask annoyed, this meant your sleep would be compromised. This didnt make you happy. 

It sighed, a happy sigh. The kind someone makes when their warm and fuzzy. What the hell does that mean.

"Hellooo, can you even hear me?" You wave your hands around trying to get its attention. Rather than answer you, it seemed to dance around, very happy.

This was a stark contrast to last time, and many of the times before. It seemed distressed before, and now it was giddy with joy. How odd.

Then it reached out a piece of itsself to you, almost like a hand. You rasied your eyebrow, before gently setting your hand on its glowing limb. It swept you off your feet and swung you around, while holding onto your waist, ending with you both facing eachother. It just seemed to be giggling uncontrollably.

Before you could ask why it was dancing with you, it started to fade away. It felt cold as it did so, until it left you holding onto nothing.

° ° °

You woke up again, this time you could see the light seeping through the wood of the carrier. Red Velvet was no longer next to you, and both the kids disappeared, it was just you. You sat up and stretched, before crawling over and pushing the doors open. Outside was all the cakes, gathered together, with Red Velvet talking to them.

When he turned around, he saw you, "Ah, goodmorning Y/n. I was going to have the cakes lead the horses for today, if you dont mind." You shrugged, it was whatever, they still got you to your destination.

"Great! We can spend some time together if you'd like." He said jauntily, walking over to pin the doors back from swinging around while the cart moved. Then he wandered over to help the cakes onto one of the horses. Pancake and Custard would be sitting on your horse, which leave the carrier to just you two, as Red Velvet hinted at.

The ride was slow enough that you could have the doors open and not fall out, but it was quick enough to cover some ground. The group was very behind schedule, and it worried Red Velvet.