Why am I here?

Falling.

You're in a dream that you're falling in a endless darkness.

It was terrifying.

You wanted to scream but you couldn't move.

You just kept falling.

You felt like your heart would burst.

'I was just in my room a while ago! What's going on?!' You cried in your mind.

*THUD!*

Finally! You stopped falling, but everything is still pitch black- But at least you stopped falling. You can feel something cold on your back, It's as if you're laying on ice. You couldn't move nor see anything, but your entire body felt numb and things were like that for the next few minutes.

'What's going on? Am I dead?!'  You couldn't help but panic-

Especially when you felt something tapping your cheek.

However, It's thanks to that that you were able to weakly open your eyes. You saw a girl but your vision was too blurry to completely see her face, It looks like she was saying something too based on her lips' movement, but your ears were ringing.

You closed your eyes to recover.

[A few minutes ago]

A Short-haired girl was silently walking on the empty streets to find a hotel to temporarily stay in for the night after pickpocketing several people when she heard a faint but harsh thud faraway from her. She planned to ignore it at first, but her gut feeling kept urging her to check what it is, To the point that she simply couldn't ignore it anymore.

She followed where the sound came from, being as cautious as she can, Just to see a girl lying flat on the cold concrete. The first thing she thought was that it was just a random girl who got way too drunk, but as she went closer, she realized that she was bathing in her own blood.

Despite her usual stoic personality, Her eyes widened.

'What the hell happened to her?' She thought as she stepped closer, She first believed the girl was dead until she heard the latter's heavy breathings.

She knelt beside her, checking her pulse before tapping her cheek multiple times, "Miss? Miss?" She kept calling until the girl weakly opened her eyes.

'I can't believe she's still alive despite bleeding this much. How did she even end up like this? There was a harsh thud, Could it be she fell from above? But the buildings are too far from where she is, There's no way she could've crawled or something, If she did, There should've been a blood trail.'

"Miss? Can you still hear me?" She asked the girl, but the latter just closed her eyes again. She checked the girl's pulse, and to her surprise, she's still not dead. 

She's a thief but she can't just leave her to die on the streets and act like nothing happened. Well, She would've If the girl was already dead, but the latter still have a pulse. 

However, just as when she was about to run to either find a phone booth or a person to ask for help- A hand grabbed her wrist.

[Present]

Fortunately, Both The numbness you're feeling and the ringing in your ears decreased as time passed and finally, you had enough strength to raise your arm to stop the girl from leaving when you felt her stand up.

You weakly opened your eyes, your vision still blurry but it was a bit better than earlier.

"Wait..." You mentally cringed at your own voice, It sounded hoarse and you hated it.

'Just what happened to me?' You thought. 'Just a while ago, I was asleep in my room after re-watching Squid game.' You let go of the girl's hand and forced yourself to sit up.

Your vision was finally back to normal, but before you could even be thankful, your eyes widened as you saw your own arms, legs and torso covered in blood. "Huh...?" You mumbled confusedly before wiping the liquid that you felt rolling down your forehead. It was also blood.

'Why am I bleeding so much? Is this even real? But I can't feel anything. Well, If I'm bleeding this much, then It should be terribly painful right?'

"You..." You turned to the voice beside you and your eyes instantly widened when you saw your favorite squid game character- Sae-byeok, looking at you with surprise and confusion.

"Huh? Wait? Huh? Why are you here?" You exclaimed, pointing at her before frantically looking around and returning your attention to your bloody arms. "Where am I? I was in my room just a while ago? What's going on? Why am I bleeding? Is this really my blood?"

"How are you still alive?" Sae-byeok asked, kneeling beside you again to check if your wounds are real or fake and got even more confused when she realized it was real. "Just what..."

 It was a extremely bizarre situation for the both of you.

For Sae-byeok, The girl who's supposed to be dead is currently sitting and talking as if she didn't just lose a liter- or maybe even liters of blood.

While For you- You're bleeding a lot but you can't feel any pain, You're in a unknown location when you're supposed to be in your bedroom, AND most of all, Your favorite squid game character is RIGHT BESIDE YOU.

'What the hell is happening? Is this a dream? Why is she here? Or maybe-'

'Why am I here?'

____________________

A/N:

Hello readers! This is my first time writing a story, so I'm sorry if it's bad. Votes and comments are highly appreciated!

_____________________