Chapter 49

Jodha ran into her room with Moti!

"Moti, you can go!"

"But what happened? You are completely dissolved! Has he been pestering you?" she asked worried?

"No, he ... I ...! Please leave me alone!"

"Are you sure?"

Jodha just nodded!

"What happened" Moti thought worried and reluctantly left the room.

Jodha sat on the bed and reached for the rose in her hair. Deeply she sucked in the sweet fragrance. She looked dreamily at the rose in her hand and gently caressed the petals. Again she felt Jalal's lips on the back of her hand and the burning mark they had left behind. She blushed heavily. A tingling sensation crept down her spine and her heart pounded wildly. What had happened in the garden? Was it the magic of the rings? But it couldn't be! It was impossible! Gently she put the rose in a mug of water. What were those feelings that seemed to be deep inside her? She couldn't place it! She sighed loudly and went to sleep. As soon as she closed her eyes she saw Jalal and felt his lips on her hand again! At some point she fell into a restless sleep.

_____________________________________________________________

In the garden, Jalal was pondering his thoughts. She was gone! Cold spreads inside him. The warmth he had just felt was gone. When his lips touched Jodha's soft skin, something touched his heart! Huh, his heart? What a thought that was! He shook his head. "Hamaare paas dil nahin hai!" he muttered. He was only attracted to her! No more and no less! She was a beauty, just another toy he wanted in his harem! A political alliance. He felt a deep pain in his chest, and surprised, he touched there. His heart throbbed painfully against the wall, the prison he had built around it. He couldn't figure out the odd feeling.

_____________________________________________________________

In the faint light of a candle, a shadow hung grimly at his thoughts. Action was necessary!

"Huzoor! Why are you sitting in the dark?" More candles were lit.

"Shut up! Do not bother me! I am thinking!"

"Think about what?"

"Think about what's going on in this fort."

"Aren't you always informed about everything?"

"It doesn't seem like it! But you will help me find out! Listen ...!"

_____________________________________________________________

"Shubh prabhaat Jodha! Did you sleep well? Moti asked cheerfully.

"Ahh, is it morning already?" Sleepily she opened her eyes.

"You slept late today, I'm not used to that from you!"

"I could not fall asleep for a long time."

"Is it maybe the meeting with the emperor to blame?" Moti teased her.

"Oh what you always think!" said Jodha angrily. "Help me get dressed!"

Moti rummaged about the clothes chest and saw the dagger lying on the stool next to it.
"What kind of dagger is that?" Moti asked curiously.

The dagger! "Registaan ka gulaab" whispered Jodha and blushed!

"What did you say?"

"Nn ... nothing!"

"Jodha! What was in the garden yesterday?" Moti couldn't control her curiosity anymore. The dagger must have had something to do with it!

"Uh ... the dagger! He gifted it to me!"