fifteen

"I don't know about this anymore

"I don't know about this anymore. I don't think you're prepared enough to meet my mom." Arya warned as they sat in the car in front of the restaurant. Arya rented out a private room here so that her immediate family can meet Ethan. She knew neither of her parents wanted to go to the other's house and she wasn't anxious to have them over Ethan's house either so that when she's ready to leave she can.

"Look, I love you. If I'm going to marry you in two weeks, which I am, then I need to be able to develop a healthy relationship with your family. We should both be putting in the same amount of energy into our relationship." Arya nodded, reaching over to release her seatbelt.

"You're right. Look, she can be a bit overbearing, and Amira is her baby so don't be surprised when she starts in on me about firing my sister. Everyone else is pretty easy going. My dad is married to Danica's mom. They're honestly one of the cutest couples ever. Danica should be here as well. You've met my sister already. Her fiancé is in the Air Force. They're moving to Japan in about three weeks. That's about it." Ethan took in all of her words before nodding and getting out of the car, walking around to open Arya's door before handing the keys to the valet attendant.

"It's going to be okay, babe." He kissed the top of her head and led her towards the entrance of the restaurant. Arya relaxed a bit as soon as she seen everyone talking amongst each other in the private dining room.

"Hi everyone! Thank you for coming." Arya spoke while Ethan pulled out her chair. They were sitting in the middle of the table. Arya went around the room, introducing Ethan to everyone. Ethan immediately noticed the looks they were getting from Amira. He wasn't going to say anything to her. Not until Arya spoke to her first.

"Ry, can I talk to you privately?" Amira spoke up, bringing everyone's attention to the two sisters.

"No. Tonight isn't for that."

"Arya, your sister wants to speak with you. What's the issue?"

"I heard her mom, and I'm sure you heard me tell her no." Arya wasn't surprised when she seen the shocked expression on their faces. Her family wasn't used to her saying no. She always did her best to accommodate them; something that didn't take Ethan long to pick up on.

"Baby girl, y'all can pick another time to talk. Tonight is about getting to know your sister's fiancé." Arya's dad spoke up, bringing a smile to Arya's face. She truly loved her dad which is why she chose to live with him when her parents divorced. She had no issue with her mom, she just preferred her dad's parenting style.

"Way to show your favoritism, Aaron." Arya's mom commented. Ethan adjusted in his seat, feeling awkward from the growing tension in the room.

"Denise, we're not supposed to encourage the tension. Whatever they need to discuss can be done privately and on another day."

"Well I disagree. I believe we should all know why Arya fired her sister."

"Yeah, that's definitely not going to happen. Legally we can not discuss the reasoning behind that." Arya spoke up, not really caring for the back and forth. She was used to her mom being nosy, but she didn't think she would do this around other people. Especially not during her first meet with Ethan.