˗ˋ 03

CHAPTER THREE

-: fifth year :-

── IN WHICH THE 
ZABINIS LEAVE

. . .

QUITE FRANKLY, THE FINAL day of Karina and Blaise staying at the Leaky Cauldron prior to September the 1st was less than satisfactory. In just one day, she had ruined her ice cream and almost dropped her tea - both because of the Weasley twins.

She was used to this; their teasing didn't just spring from nowhere. No, Karina had been subject to Fred and George's teasing since their very first day at Hogwarts, having initially met on the train on the journey there. Then, in an argument to which the contents Karina couldn't remember, they had fallen out for the first time.

And since then, it had been hell. Week after week passed and she was faced with their teasing and as their skills developed, their plots and pranks as well. She wasn't entirely innocent though, and most certainly doled out a number of remarks and digs towards the twins and everything she knew about them.

"But still!" Karina let out a sigh as she reached for the last of her croissant. "They shouldn't still be this concerned about pranking me and getting under my skin."

"Fia is very sorry Miss.. Fia doesn't know what pranking is." Stood dutifully next to her as she ate her breakfast in her room on the morning of the very next day, the Zabini house-elf looked purely confused. "And how is Mr Weasley and Mr Weasley getting under Miss Karina's skin? Are Mr Weasleys hurting you?"

"You don't need to address them politely, Fia." Karina smiled as she turned to the house-elf, standing up and brushing the small crumbs of pastry from her pajamas. "They don't deserve it. And as for what they do, well they're just really annoying."

"Would you like Fia to tell Mistress Zabini about Mr Weasleys?" Fia blinked innocently. "Fia has helped withh many potions before and-"

"They might annoy me, darling, but I'm not poisoning them." Karina laughed as she made her way from her bed and over to the parition screen. "Is this most of my uniform?" She asked, examining the clothes that hung up. Really, one of the policies she couldn't quite understand was the need for them to change on the train - Karina was not getting changed in a bathroom or a tiny cubicle that smelt of sweat and a cheap arisol spray that had been used in attempt to mask it.

No, she was going to get changed into her recently steamed blouse and skirt right there and then. Fia tottered behind her as she nodded, the house-elf magic bringing the clothes off of the hanger and coming to rest on the ornate chair hidden behind the screen. "Fia also chose Mistress Karina's favourite cardigan, stockings and shoes." 

The elf snapped her fingers and they appeared beside them, Karina staring down at the sight before reaching for the tights and heels. "I bought some new ones with a more appealling pattern on just the other day. They're white and the elastic band - which comes to just over my knee - has my initials embroidered in silver thread. And as for these.. the dark brown crocodile leather heeled loafers from.. well I can't remember where from. But them ones."

"Of course Miss Karina. Anything else?" Fia asked, forever-obedient and willing to do whatever was asked of her with no questions asked. 

"Polish my prefect badge? And pack my bag for the journey. Pick one that matches my shoes, please." Karina replied, the house-elf disappearing and leaving her to get changed, freshening up quickly in the bathroom before putting on the uniform, tucking her blouse into her skirt, adding a silver-chain belt to circle her waist before she pulled the cardigan over her shirt.