Chapter 36

CHAPTER 36

I watched as the girl with dark brown eyes blinked back at me, the dark auburn hair swaying softly as it fell down to her waist. With her thin lips and heart-shaped face, she was someone I had never seen before. But she was me.

"What do you think?" I heard Remus say from behind me, and I gave a small shrug. The girl in the mirror moved with me, and I couldn't help but frown at the action. She frowned too.

"It's alrig- oh." I paused, taking in my voice. It had changed as well- it had risen in pitch and had become a bit softer. I almost sounded like Luna, except for the sturdiness my voice had under it. I wonder what it would sound like if I sang. Hm. Sirius laughed at my startled expression, and I stuck my tongue out at him. That only made him laugh harder. Rolling my eyes I stood up, frowning when I realized I was now only an inch or two shorter than Sirius, who normally towered over me.

"I'm tall." I muttered, glancing down my body. I had also lost a fair amount of weight- I had never been fat, to put it, but my thighs had never not touched and my stomach wasn't flat- but in this body I was skinny, tall and... flat-chested. Damnit.

"All in all, it's not that bad. You don't necessarily look like a Longbottom, but your eyes look similar enough to Frank's and Augusta's that you should be fine."

Glancing back at the mirror I nodded, letting my eyes trail over the new body before I sighed. "When will the potion wear off?"

"Two hours, or so- we used a smaller batch, so it should be fine. I would suggest getting used to it, though, as you'll need to look comfortable in your own skin to pass as someone else." Mrs. Weasley clucked, looking amused as I straightened my posture, trying to look less-awkward. Mrs. Weasley, thank goodness, had offered to come over if the male species became to difficult to deal with- I was incredibly grateful she had showed up, as I would need help with some of my clothes to transfigure to my new size.

"Why not you go walk around, then?" Remus suggested, smiling at me. I nodded quickly, nearly tripping over my own feet as I left the room. It was definitely a weird experience, not being quite used to my height yet- I had shot up from 5'6 to about 5'11 at least. Walking down the stairs, I smiled slightly when I saw Caiden sitting on the couch with Lucy, flipping through a book with a content expression.

"Hey, Caiden." I agreed, once again startling myself with my voice. I must've startled Caiden as well, though, because his head had snapped up, staring at me with wide eyes for a few seconds before he screamed; "REMUS THERE'S A STRANGER IN THE HOUSE!!"

"Wait, no- Caiden!" I laughed, walking over. But he didn't listen, instead jumping behind the couch defensively. Lucy yawned. I shook my head.

"Caiden, it's me- Lily! I took a potion."

"How do I know you're telling the truth?" Caiden asked suspiciously, peeking out from behind the couch with a skeptical expression. I rolled my eyes.

"Caiden, c'mon bud. If I was a stranger would I know your name?"

"It could've been a lucky guess! Or you could be a Death Eater!" Caiden piped, and I shook my head, probably feeling more amused than I should've.

"I promise I'm not a Death Eater, Caiden." I said , when I felt something poke my back.

"Than who are you, Miss?" A new voice, and turning around I groaned as I saw Fred, staring at suspiciously. Great.

"Oh, c'mon-" I started, cut off when Fred moved his wand up to my face, blue eyes looking playful despite the smirk on his face. I glared at him. The bastard definitely knew who I was.