27

All heads turn when Y/N and Jennie walk through the door.

Honestly, who wouldn't when the most gorgeous girls at the firm make their entrance for the night.

Jungkook nearly choked on the fruit punch he was sipping on and Jimin laughs at him. "Don't make it obvious that you have a thing for her," Jimin reminds him. However, Jungkook doesn't say anything when his attention shifts to be focused solely on Y/N. Now he felt like he underdressed for the occasion.

The pair weren't expecting EVERYONE'S eyes to be on them, so they did feel a bit awkward, but they managed to brush it off by showing mere smiles to everyone.

Y/N turned to her side to say something to Jennie, but she had already disappeared into the crowd to find Jimin.

This was just like any other basic company party she went to, but she didn't know why she was so nervous for this one.

"I'm going to talk to her," Jungkook mumbles to Jimin as he walks closer to her.

She decided to go and greet her fellow colleagues and other guests, when Jungkook approached her, wearing a very fitted cop costume. Jungkook couldn't exactly see her face due to the mask around her eyes, but the dress definitely did what she wanted.

"You look nice," he breathes out.

"Oh, thank you," she responds, aware of how Jungkook was eyeing her body. Y/N did the same, taking notice of the pink fluffy handcuffs attached to his waist. "And what are those for?" she chuckles, pointing towards the handcuffs. "I don't think you'll be arresting anyone tonight, officer."

"I wouldn't say that," Jungkook mumbles as he sips on his drink, holding eye contact with her.

It took everything in Jungkook to not ditch the party and just take her home, but he had some self restraint in him somehow.

"We can try these on you later," Jungkook whispers quietly to her followed by a charming wink.

Y/N gasps quietly, nudging him in the chest. "You gotta watch what you say, Jungkook." she warns, not wanting anyone else to find out about them. "But I'm looking forward to it," she whispers, walking past him to get to her colleagues.

Her witty remark definitely sparked something inside of her, and she now made it her mission to try and get under his skin tonight. With all the press at the party, she knew she wouldn't be able to do much to him, but subtle teasing would definitely play a big role.

"Y/N! You and Jungkook have a press interview now!" One of her colleagues call out to her, guiding her towards the interviewer.

Jungkook follows closely behind Y/N, dropping his gaze from the floor then to her ass. Her dress definitely did her body well.

"Nice to meet you both! You're the top attorneys working for the new public case right?" The interviewer asked them both as soon as they made it to him and Jungkook merely nods, keeping his cold, bored-like stare whilst Y/N answered all of the questions.

"Firstly, I'd like to say your costumes look great! Now, the public have been keeping up with the case and everything that's going on on the news. Can you guarantee the win in the next few weeks?"

She chuckles, "Of course! You've got the two best attorneys in the country working on this case, it's an automatic win for us," she jokes. Y/N tries to look at every camera, the flashes blinding her vision.

"I have no doubt about that, Ms Lee," the interviewer says cheerfully. "Now Mr Jeon, the public are aware of the ongoing bad blood between you and Ms Lee. Has that changed since you've been working with her?"

"It's always going to be a competition between Ms. Lee and I because we are so alike with our work ethic," Jungkook starts, "However, Ms. Lee and I have managed to put our bad blood behind us to win this case." He shines a small smile at the interviewer, but he doesn't make any eye contact with Y/N. His words would look like lies if he looked at her. "Any other questions for us?"

Y/N was watching him the entire time, a fond smile on her face. It probably looked like she was in love with him from the cameras point of view.

After a few more questions, the pair were done with their interview. Jimin and Jennie approached the two with drinks in hand. "I haven't seen you guys pick up any alcohol since you've gotten here," Jimin says, handing a glass to Jungkook whilst Jennie hands one to Y/N.

Although Jungkook arrived with Jimin, he thought for sure that he had to drive home. However, since the boy was drinking, Jungkook's best bet was to get a personal driver to drive them all home.

He sips his alcohol, finally making eye contact with Y/N only to result in a giddy smile. To him, the pair were hiding their 'relationship' particularly well. They seemed to be working coworkers who were only talking due to their friends.

"I'll only have one drink. Dad thinks I get a bit out of control when I have too many drinks."

"Oh come on, it's only one night. I'm sure Mr Jeon wouldn't mind it. And anyway, how bad can you be?" she shrugs, ushering Jungkook to drink. Jimin seemed to be the most encouraging, taking drinks from the waiters and handing them to Jungkook.

"Guys! Group picture!" Jennie squeals.

Jungkook tried his absolute best to not let the alcohol consume the best of him tonight. He staggers a bit to move closer for a group photo, but couldn't even compose himself to smile at the camera.

He grabs ahold onto Y/N's shoulder for balance, shining a lazy smile at her. His hair was no longer combed back, but swept onto his forehead instead.

"When— Whenever you're ready to leave, let me know," Jungkook whispers in her ear.

Y/N could tell from Jungkook's body language that the alcohol had already started taking a toll on him.

Once the photo had been taken, everyone separated but the four of them. Y/N discreetly wrapped her hand around Jungkook's arm securely. "I think we're gonna head out!" She shouts over the music to Jimin and Jennie.

"Jungkook, you should give your driver a call to drop you both home," Jimin suggests, pulling Jennie close to his side. Jungkook merely nods and sends a message to his driver.

"Wait, don't contact him yet. I need to go to my office quickly." Y/N says, pulling Jungkook out of the crowd with her and towards her office.