24. friends

024

024

"Hey! I'm so glad that you were able to make it!" Catalina was as eager as ever, getting out of the booth to embrace Devora.

"Oh, these are my friends, Momo and Chaeryeong." She directed to the smiling girls sitting in the booth, who bowed their heads saying hello.

"Hi, Momo, Chaeryeong!" Devora greeted. "This is Boseong," She introduced her coworker to the three girls.

The five of them ordered food to replenish their hunger after a succinct meeting. The girls that tagged along with were very friendly, and nothing like Catalina's former guy friend — who was excessively humiliating.

They ordered a round of drinks, Devora tried to keep count of her intake, knowing she was the one who would be taking herself home later on.

"Hey, did you guys wanna go and dance?" Momo invited graciously, setting her finished drink down on the table.

Devora rejected courteously. "No, it's okay, I'm gonna need a second for my food to digest."

"Are you sure?" Catalina asked, already getting up from her seat.

"Yeah! I'll stay here with Boseong and Chaeryeong if they're staying?" She looked at the two.

"Yeah, I'm gonna sit here for a little longer." Chaeryeong proved Devora's assumptions to be accurate, declining her friend's offer.

Catalina and Momo made their way to the dance floor, leaving the three behind at the booth.

Devora felt all the liquor finally beam down on her, beckoning for her to use the bathroom.

"Hey, I'm gonna go use the restroom." Devora informed, sliding out of the booth. "Chaeryeong, did you wanna come?"

"I don't have to go, but I'll go if you want me to." She got off her seat, an amiable smile drew over her lips.

"No, that's okay! Don't worry about it." She excused herself, making her way to the sequestered corner of the room where her destination was.

She excused herself as she squeezed past the many people by the bar, acknowledging how overcrowded the place became as the sky shifted into the night.

Devora felt her shoulder bump into another body.

"Oh! I'm so sorry about that." She apologized quickly, not taking the time to turn back to face whoever it was.

The man turned around to promptly return the apology with a reassuring comment, but the woman was already nearing her way to the bathroom.

All he saw was the burgundy clothing she donned, holding onto her purse as she disappeared into the ocean of people.

Murmuring to himself as he shrugged his shoulders, drinking the rest of the wine in his glass cup.

As soon as Devora entered the woman's restroom, another body exited the men's restroom.