❥ 31. Tacenda

Cryptadia (noun)
things better left unsaid; matters to be passed over in silence

♡♡
(

Edited part)

🎶 Aankhein (vilen)

"Quite accusing me.” He snapped “I’m not answerable to you”

“Then who are you answerable to? Mahira? I bet you told nothing to her on how you were about to break your wedding vows to her in that Goddamn cabin in the bar with that woman all over you” Danish gritted.

The silence stretched.

“You can’t act like a silent spectator when you were at fault here. I warned you. Don’t mess up, don’t get into something you can’t clear. Why do you have to do things of this sort?” He demanded.

Mahira gulped, she stood against the wall beside her room door. Was it the curiosity to hear them talking after witnessing the yell from Danish? Or was it her mind which seemed to be frozen, stuck and listening but not commanding her to walk, step out of this place and not eavesdrop on their conversation?

Well technically it was no conversation, it was just Danish talking, more like yelling at Veer who seemed to be on mute. For the past 10 min that she came here, till the time she collected her wallet she wished to hear him say a single word in his defense but he didn’t. Not a single syllable left his mouth which proved he did nothing to disrespect her and this Marriage. It was all Danish letting all his frustration out, speaking for both of them.

“Man, I shouldn’t have let you go alone, At least I would have saved you from getting drunk. Hell, we could have found another way to do this. That bitch would have never existed in this conversation we are having if you weren’t there in the first place.” He paused “Look at me and say something? Hey! I’m talking to your dumbass. Why do you have to hurt her like… this?”

“If you’re done, leave” A cold voice bluntly said.

Mahira squeezed her eyes shut, she was irritated, frustrated and so done with this cold exterior of his. His devil may care attitude was getting on her nerves. Either she could go in there and raise hell on this man or ignore his whole existence, just the way she planned.

But then, she can never stay on plans.
Also, her plans never worked.

“You are incorrigible” Danish stated and footsteps came near the door.
It was in mili-seconds when Mahira bolted inside her room, panting as the adrenaline rushed her veins, her brain screaming for her to hide. She let the door close behind her and leaned her forehead against it.

She peeped out of her door creak, recoiling immediately when Danish stormed towards the main door and slammed it hard. She jumped at her place. Her hand shot to her chest as she tried calming it down.