🏵️ Chapter 16🏵️: The royal interview.

{Eleanora's P.O.V}

     "Your highness, what happened to your face?" I heard someone ask.

  I looked at myself in the mirror, slowly touched the affected area and flinched.

"It still hurts. Fuck!" I murmured as I carefully examined my left cheek.

  "It must be hurting you, Princess. Right?" Ciara said as she fell on her knees beside me and tried to touch it but I held her hand before she could do so. I looked at her for the first time since she got to my room. Her eyes were filled with questions and worry.

  "I wasn't careful and allowed the door to slap my face" I Chuckled slowly. " Guess that's what you get for not being patient" I said, hoping she'd believe it.

She didn't believe what I was saying and it was written boldly on her face.

  "Get me what to wear, Ciara. Can't be late for the interview". I ordered her but she didn't even budge.

"What about your face?" She asked me, not taking her eyes off it for one second.

  "A good make up to conceal it will do, alright" I told her.

  "But, Princess, you rarely use make up"

"Then let's make today one of those rare times" I told her as I rested my hand on her right cheek. "I know you're worried about me, Ciara. I'm fine. I swear" I tried to assure her.

   She didn't move from her spot. She just stayed there and was looking at my face.

  You don't expect me to tell her it was my husband that did this to me, right?

I wasn't too worried about Ciara. I was more worried about Mary. Mary is my closest maid and I'm quite sure she wouldn't want to see my face like this. If Ciara can get this worried over my face, Mary would totally flip.

"Ciara, take the concealer on this table and rub it on my face before Mary gets here" I ordered her but she still didn't move.

"Someone hit you, right?" Was the next thing I heard.

"What?"

"Someone hit your face" she repeated. Her eyes were filled with bitterness and tears rolled out of those bitter eyes.

  Seeing her hurt was breaking me. I was already trying my utmost best to be strong, but now that she was crying, I could feel the stinging tears threatening to fall.

  I silently sniffled and looked at her. "I'm fine, Ciara. I was just being careless, I swear". I told her, my hands curling round her chin and raising it up to meet mine.  "I promise not to be careless again". I promised her.

  She didn't look convinced but she nodded and picked up the concealer.  She dipped the brush into the concealer and put it on the red part of my face. I flinched a little. "Be gentle Ciara. That place still hurts". I told her and she nodded. Being more gentle on me than before.

   I didn't want her to know that my husband hit me because he was drunk. I didn't want her to look at my husband in a different light. I also didn't want her to think I was weak.

I closed my eyes, as I felt Ciara getting to work. I remembered the incident that took place this morning, I shuddered in fear. What worried me the most was the look on Dure's face. The look of anger and hatred, is the one look I can't forget in my whole life. Someone has given me that look before and abnormally for me, I can't remember the person's face but the person's look has been imprinted on my mind that I can't seem to erase it.