13

You skipped the breakfast catering truck this morning in hopes of missing Tom. Why were you ignoring Tom? You didn't know the absolute answer to that question. You are an actor. You have kissed other people in smaller roles. So why was this one different?

The same three knocks you hear everyday you are in this trailer pounded on the door. It was your call to be known you were needed on set in ten minutes. You checked your makeup that was done for you. It was cool seeing fake cuts on your face. One ran across your forehead, it looked red and painful, but it was prosthetic.

You made it on set looking around for him. He was in his warrior costume. His hair was messy, there was a nasty fake bruise on his eye. You had to force yourself to look away by pretending to go over the script. What was the matter with you? You hate Tom, but here you are being all googly-eyed over him.

People started taking their positions. You were in the scene first, alone. It's always surreal being in full makeup and costume when filming scenes. Behind you was mostly green screens, but you knew overall it was going to look killer.

Normally you would rehearse scenes when they change the script, but it wasn't a huge difference than what it used to be. Joe and Anthony wanted you and Tom to follow what was newly written, but also gave you the freedom to improv. That is why they decided to screw the rehearsal and go straight into shooting.

You stood in anticipation for the word 'action.' Right when the word was called, you started. Tom stood off camera watching you work. You were looking down at a table with maps and papers covering every inch of the brown wood. You talked to another actor before he left. You then started mumbling to yourself a plan to infiltrate the government.

Joe pointed at Tom who finally walked into camera view. He has a slow approach until he saw what you were looking at. He walked faster towards you, reading the pages and maps in front of you.

"You can't be serious."

You didn't look up at him. "I thought I told you to stay away."

"How could I when I knew you were planning a suicide mission?"

You placed both of your hands onto the table. "It's not a suicide mission."

Tom moved your chin to look at him. "Amber, you can't stop this war from happening."

"Oh yeah? You estimate what I'm really capable of." You turned to walk away, to get his finger off your chin.

He grabbed your arm. "No I know completely what you're capable of, but if you stop this war they'll make you a martyr."

You ripped your arm out of his grip. "I can take care of myself, Jack."

His voice softened. "I know you can."

"Then why won't you let me go and end this thing before more innocent lives are taken?"

"I don't want this war to happen any more than you do, but I will not let you die because of it." He took a step forward, closing the gap in between you.

Your heart started racing knowing what was to come. "I can't stand around doing nothing. Not when this was all my fault."

"I'll help you. We'll figure this out, together." He looked in your eyes, switching from left to right.

You stared back at him, your bodies close. Your mind wanted to take you back to the night in the house when you were against the fridge. "Promise?"

"Promise." He leaned in without hesitation and kissed you.

You kissed him back, but a small laugh couldn't stop itself from coming out. You moved your head onto his shoulder to hide from his face and the cameras.