Food and New Family Member

Tang Shushui's pov

As I finished reading the letter I got up to go cook, While going to the kitchen I met Haohao there and he said he wanted to help.

"Haohao, I told you it's fine you don't need to help," I told him gently as my brows furrowed.

"It's okay, I just want to help you okay Tang'er." He responded smiling sheepishly.

He knows that I know exactly what he's doing, That's how Haohao is even in my past life, he helped, gave, but he stayed silent when he's in trouble. Even though I'm his best friend he feels indebted to me, and that's a habit I'm trying to get rid of.

I told him I'm fine in the kitchen and that I need help with the kids, and if he could shower them, he agreed and went to fetch water in the village well. When he was gone I took four jin of pork out of the space, I haven't fed the family meat since a week ago, I don't want them to suspect me. I still fed them good rice and noodles my husband explained it to them, and I guess he did a good job since I didn't get any questions since then.

I took some white flour from the flour jar and put about 2 cups of it in a bowl, I took some warm water and put some salt in it. I poured a little salted water into the fower and started mixing them, after 15 mins of mixing and beating the dough, it was finally soft and stretchable. I looked at the small hallway and saw nobody, so I took some plastic wrap, smeared a little oil on it, and wrapped the dough with it.

While letting the dough sit, I took them some ready minced meat from my space and took a cabbage from the bucket of vegetables and minced it, after that, I mix the ready minced meat with the minced cabbage, I pour some soy sauce, cummin, five-star anise, lemon, ginger, and a little bit of black pepper and red pepper. After preparing the filling, I unwrapped the dough and made them into little balls, then made a hole in the center, but the filling, and then pressed both sides of the dough together closing it up.

After I washed and marinated the pork with spices, I cut them into squares, I made the fire and put the used pot on the earthen stove, and put little lard because the pork will make more. I cut some carrots, and potatoes up, I stir-fry them with the pork. Seeing that they are stir-fried I put some premade pork broth from my space, though I could've made the broth, but my husband and Haohao's husband has been farming since this morning they are probably hungry. Seeing the broth is starting to boil I put my so-called 'dumplings' in, I let it boil for about 25 mins, I uncover the lid, and the smell filled the house.

My late grandma always said that I had a blessing because I would never follow and recipes and would always tweak them, but it always came out more delicious than the original recipe, that's why I went to art school despite my parents' opposition, I mean they didn't even know So, I learned Haute cuisine and Majeure Couture, I mean that's what the school called them, And despite my blessing, I still had difficulties in Haute Cuisine. Every time I tweaked the food the head chef would tell me, 'What if someone was allergic to what you served'? And he was right what the customer ordered is what they should get, for Majeure Couture my hands were Always injured by the end of each class until I perfected it.

After the little reminisce of the past, I quickly distributed the food, I took to larger bowls to bring food for the husbands.

"Haohao, I going to bring food to Yang Jianwei and Zheng Lingyun, you wanna go?" I yelled from the kitchen.

"Yes, Tang'er I just finished with kids!" He yelled back from the yard.

A while later he came in and took Lingyun's bowl and put it in his basket, Before I went out I gave the kids instructions, even though we're not on very good terms, they still listen to me. After that, we took off to the Village's farm, as soon as we got there we heard snickers and mocking laughs I was confused until I heard somebody say, 'Look they've been working since this morning and none of their wives brought them food.'

I was surprised since my husband just bought the land here with Lingyun, and then I understood. They all took my husband and Lingyun as beggars, and even though they were handsome they were still poor, and had no caring families, but they suddenly bought land without asking to borrow money or working in town, so the village men's egos suffered a blow.

I sneered at them and walked forward and then I heard someone call me, so I turned back to look, after seeing the person I immediately recognized who, How couldn't I? He was the one who pushed the original owner to his demise. I ignored him and walked continued walking forward.

"Brother, why are you ignoring me?" He asked in an innocent and sad voice, and after he said that I got many looks of disdain, but I didn't care.

"Were not brother's in any way, my mother divorced Tang Hui-Ying," I said not wanting to say anything about my mother's repudiation since it would damage his mother's reputation.

"Plus I separated with The Tangs and on the paper, it said ' from on now I have nothing to do with Chu Fang and Tang Shushui,' so how are we supposed to be brothers?" I continued

He looked shocked but hurriedly said, " But we have the same father no?"

" He's not my father, he's merely a useless sperm donor," I said harshly and walked away Everybody was shocked and we're all whispering among them, I ignored it and I walked with Haohao towards my husband who was looking at me with a confused look, my harsh face immediately switched to a gentle one as I approached him, everybody looked at me like they are looking at a crazy person who just solved PI.

"Husband, I brought you food," I said with a gentle tone.

"Thank you wife," he said in a solemn voice but the gentle look on his face betrayed him.

Ba-thump, Ba-thump. I place my hands on my heart ' WTF was that Ba-thump, Ba-thump?!'

I calmed down after a second and took two pairs of chopsticks and two water containers made of bamboo. After washing their hands, Jiang Yanwei and Zhen Lingyun opened the lids of the bowls, when everyone including Tang Chan An was expecting course rice, but then a divine smell entered their nose nostrils and they were forced to look at the bowls. They saw pieces of porks floating on top of a golden yellow broth, even the husbands were surprised. After admiring the work they dug in and took a dumpling not expecting the burst of flavors one was spicy and one was mellow, then they looked at the dumpling only to find it stuffed both the husbands looked at at at Tang Shushui as if they were looking at some god.

"Well, I'll let you eat," I said as turned around and took three smaller bowls from my basket, and walked to the next field. He handed a bowl to Wang Chen, one to Zhao Lui, and one to a smaller girl named Qui Liu, she was abandoned because she was a girl.

"Brother Tang, how could we take this." He said as he returned the bowl.

" Just take it," I said leaving no room for discussion.

I looked at Qui Liu and asked her in a gentle tone " do you want to go home with me?"

She looked at me like I was a saint and tears came out of her eyes and she nodded slowly, I smiled and took her hand everybody looked at me dumbfounded and some said I was just adding to my Husband's burden but he didn't say anything because we discussed this the day before.

I took my husband's empty bowl and waved them goodbye. As I was walking I heard a voice say {Congratulations Host passed the good samaritan challenge, you have been given 200 coins, 3 gems, and have unlocked one machine, and have leveled up to level 1.}

'What?!' I was shocked I had just passed a challenge like that? 'Wait, wait, What machine have I unlocked?' I asked him.

{A fishball machine.} he said in a flat mechanic tone. Wait! That's good! I was planning to go to work in town so I could find an excuse for the money and a fishball business fits perfectly. I talked to the moms about it when I got home since they worked in town, and told them I have the capital sum, they agreed to it. I told my husband once he got home and told him about it, he agreed once I told him Haohao would also be there. It was an exhausting day so After I introduced Qui Liu to the family they accepted her after some major pleading and Jiang Chu Hua happily welcomed her to the Family. I immediately fell asleep as soon as my head hit the bed not knowing the plotting from three sides.