SEVENTEEN - ... you will be fine

"Thomas!"

The boy awake with a gasp, his head pounding. He gripped his head and shifted, swinging as he did.

Clutching his head and side of the hammock, he groaned out, "What happened?"

"Griever," Kira said sadly, her face in a pout and her brows furrowed.

Sitting up quickly, Thomas stumbled for a moment as the memories flashed back.

"Amelia? Liam? Theo? Where are they?" he asked quickly, turning to scan the empty Coach's office. Kira opened her mouth but the opening of the door cut her off.

"Liam's in shock, wallowing in the nurse's office with Mason watching over him. Minho's running off steam- hey! Thomas' up," Coach tried to sound excited but the rubbing of the back of his neck overshadowed it.

"Where's Amelia," Thomas asked, stoic and seemingly void of emotions but his stomach was turning in flips. The headache didn't help they dizziness or nausea either.

"Tom, you need to sit down," Kira said softly, worry and sadness seeping into her words. She'd already screamed and yelled when she found Thomas unconscious, trees and grass scratched up, and a missing best friend and broken boy.

Thomas' head snapped up at her, ready to yell at the suggestion but the second his eyes landed on her, he froze. Her eyes were red, hair falling out of its ponytail, and clothes rumpled.

"I-" he tried but voice cracked and his lip trembled. "Please... no. I-we just got out."

Kira's eyes glistened again and Coach's did as well. Never had they seen the boy like this. Coach patted the boys shoulder and slipped away to let Kira handle it. She immediately pulled him into a hug, mourning the loss of the girl they both cared for.

***

"Liam, how you feeling," Mason asked, returning with a tray of curly fries and sandwich

"Liam, how you feeling," Mason asked, returning with a tray of curly fries and sandwich. He set it down next to Liam who was curled in a fetal position, shrinking into himself.

"Fine," he mumbled and reached out with a wince to grab some fries. Since the dart, his body was waking up slowly but he hadn't moved which made his joints lock up.

"Liam, you're not fine," Mason groaned, not sure what to do. Luckily, Corey came in, sweaty and tired. "You aren't either. I thought supernatural don't get tired that easily."

Corey simply kissed his boyfriend and leaned on him, "Minho isn't easy to keep up with. He's pissed that he was knocked out and lost Lia too."

"So you're slow," Mason teased.

"He's not a normal human," he corrected.

The two kept going, trying to pull Liam into the conversation but nothing came. They shared a look and guided him out. He was fine, all healed up, but the beta was unresponsive.

That was until they turned onto his street.

"No!" the two boys in front snapped their heads to their friend, surprised by the outburst. "Please, please no..."

"Hey, hey, hey," Mason turned around as Corey pulled over to the side of the street, his eyes on Liam. "Liam what's wrong?" he stayed silent, shaking his head and repeating the same phrase: 'Please, no.'

"Come one Liam, you're almost home," Corey tried to calm him down as he reached for his phone.

"Not there," his voice shook, his eyes downcast.

"Where do you want to go Li?" Mason turned and watched Corey scroll through his phone, looking through his contacts to figure out who to call. Not Scott. Lydia and Malia are out too. Coach definitely not a good choice. They didn't wanna bother Ms. McCall. Just as he was about to press on Kira's contact, Liam's small voice reached their ears. 

"Can I stay at the Stilinski house?"

***

A groan ripped from her throat, the cool ground could be felt through her thin clothes

A groan ripped from her throat, the cool ground could be felt through her thin clothes. Amelia opened her eyes and was met with darkness.

Grunting, she sat up, looking around. It was bare, nothing really seen. She could make out the walls of what seemed like a cube-like room with a cot in the corner opposite of where she had been oh so graciously sleeping.

Pressing a hand to her head, Amelia hissed at the pain but no blood came from he bandaged wound.

"A-Amelia?" a small and shaky voice asked from her right. Her head snapped and she quickly shuffled over, her hands met cool glass but she couldn't see anything on the other side.

"Theo?" She asked, hope shining through her voice. "Theo are you there?"

A figure came into view, one that she could just barely make out. A shaky hand reached out and pressed against the glass, lining up with her hand. A grateful sigh came from the girl and she pressed her head against the cool glass.

"You're going to be fine Theo," she whispered, eyes closed. "You will see everyone soon, you hear me?"

"Are we- are we with... Is this WCKD," his voice - still small - asked and Amelia grimaced.

"Yeah, it is."

"Then, how can you say I'm going to be alright! These are the people who took you! DON'T LIE TO ME! ESPECIALLY NOT HERE!"

"I'm not lying."

"YES YOU ARE! WE'RE GONNA DIE HERE LIA," Theo's broken voice shook Amelia, her memories flashing to the night Thomas told her what the young chimera had been through. "We're... we're gonna die here..."

"Listen to me Theo," Amelia's hard voice silenced him. She squinted through the glass, watching his outline shuffle forwards, seeming to curl into himself. "I am here because they wanted me. You are here for one of many reasons. Maybe for leverage over Thomas. Could be another test, or maybe to control me. I don't know, but you being next to me means it's meant to influence me. If you do as they say..." she knew that he was gonna hate what she was gonna say but she said it anyway. "...you will be fine. You stay quiet and talk when they ask you too but be careful with your words. They either take it literal or look to much into it."

Theo remained silent, trembling at the thought of living through hell again.

"You will do as I say and make it out, okay Theo? You'll be fi-"

The lights turned on, blinding both teens in an instant. Theo groaned at the intensity and Amelia shielded her eyes before letting them adjust.

"Ratman," she sneered, glaring at the man.

Like she thought, a glass wall separated her and Theo but it wasn't all glass. The rest of the room and the majority of the wall was metal. It was a simple room with the cot from before, a sink and toilet hidden from view, and the rest being an empty space.

"Surprise," Ratman glared right back before his eyes shifted to the supernatural being in the cell next to hers. "Now don't be making promises you can't keep... daughter."