Chapter 18

Unedited 22/10/2021

Jesreen was introduced as one of the guys. She felt great to be fitting in. As the night progressed, some of the guys went on rides. Jesreen was afraid to, not sure if it was safe for the baby to be thrown around so much.

Onecia asked Jesreen if she was ok, staring at her belly after noticing how she was always placing her hand protectively over her belly.

She saw the panic in Jesreen's eyes and realized she has not yet shared her little secret.

Jesreen told her she was ok, thanking God that no one seems to notice what the conversation was about.

The crowd changed as the evening gets later. The parents and grandparents with small children as well as the young independent teens got less, and the pre-adult and young adults got more.

The music gradually changed as well. Everyone was enjoying themselves. The young and the old. The tourist and the locals alike.

Kevin saw Jesreen looking around as if was looking for she was looking for someone, when he asked her what was wrong, she said nothing.

It was already almost 9 o'clock. Jesreen was on her feet for more than an hour and she was getting tired.

She realized she was going to have to take her rest time seriously if she was going to be able to keep up with her mostly standing job.

She could get something else to do but she really wanted the tips. She has her baby to take care of and she wanted a college degree to provide for herself and her baby in the future.

They got something to drink and went to the side of the festival grounds and sit on one of the park benches presents.

They were the only ones there as everyone was busy enjoying the last few hours of the festival.

They talk about a lot of things, Kevin felt as if he knew nothing about her even though they talked so much.

She never mentions anything personal, even when she went into more detail about the last time she and her parents came to the festival.

She seems so far away. She was not as sad as she was when they first met, or when Deon asked about her family. It seems as if she was telling him about a movie she had watched before and not about her actual life.

  "Jesreen," he held on to her hands, deciding he had to ask.
  "What happens to your family?"
She just sat there and looked at him as if it was the first time she saw him. Then surprisingly, she smiled.

  "Do you remember that song? Let's dance." Kevin did not know what to think about her strange behavior. He knew he was not going to get an answer.

The song was the same one they danced to a few weeks ago at his surprise birthday party. They both got up with her hands still in his, and they danced.

Kevin felt the same way he did on his birthday. He was amazed at how she fits in her arms as if that's where she was born to be.

He was saddened by her sadness, he wanted to make it all go away but he was not sure how to when he had details as to why she was sad.

He held her close, he was mesmerized by her smell, her touch, everything. Even though she was not laughing, he could still hear her laughter in his head.

He could hear her soft voice talking, he could see her smile. He was enchanted by her beauty, both her inner beauty and her physical beauty.

Even though she seems so venerable sometimes, she was also assured, very confident, and always on top of whatever challenges come her way.

A lot of times he was at the diner, he saw challenges present themselves and she dealt with them with a lot of confidence.

He wants to be a part of her life; he wants her to be a part of his life. The song was finished, and they pulled apart and looked at each other, then he pulled her to him.

A/N

🎉🎉🎉🎊🎊🎊🎊 for the first I'm doing two updates in one day. You, my precious readers, deserve it after taking so long to update.

Enjoy reading. Be safe out there ♥♥♥♥.