Chapter 15 - I Wouldn't Say That

Word Count : 2563

It was golden week so we had decided that we would go on a trip to a cabin owned by the Sohma's near a beautiful lake. It was all of us that lived in the house along with Hatori who was dragged along with us. Yuki, Tohru, Hatori and I were looking out the window at the lake while Kyo was sitting on the floor and Shigure was relaxing on the couch.

"It's so beautiful and wide." Tohru gasps.

"Are lakes really that special?" Hatori asked, looking out the window.

"Yes, it's my first time seeing one in person." She explains. Shigure starts chuckling.

"It's the sort of cabin Jason might show up at, don't you think?" he smiles.

"Jason?"

"Jason's a new type of bear. You're so oblivious, Kyo-kun" Shgiure lies.

"Of course I know that!" Kyo yells.

"It's not." Hatori says.

"Is it a bear from overseas?" Tohru suggests ignoring Hatori.

"I don't think so." I mumbles.

"Honda-san..."

"Yes." Tohru says, turning to Yuki.

"Well... uh... Nevermind, it's nothing, sorry." Yuki tells her. Lately the boys had been acting strange. I look over at Kyo who was looking over at me but turns away as soon as he sees me looking back at him.

---

We had just returned from the cemetery and were eating dinner. It was quiet and no one was talking.

"Um..." Tohru starts

"I'm home." Shigure calls walking in, having finally returned from his errand.

"Welcome back, Shigure-san."

"Welcome back."

"Hey, you all want to go on a trip tomorrow?" he asks, joining us at the table.

"Huh?"

"It's golden week starting tomorrow. We should go somewhere since it's a long holiday." He goes on explaining.

"What are you talking about, out of the blue? Are you drunk?" Kyo asks.

"Even if I drink, I am never drunk." Shigure answers, which didn't make any sense at all. Let's go. We can use the Soma vacation house and facilities. Don't you want to go, Tohru-kun?"

"B-but it was already so grouse to allow me on the previous Sohma trip!"

"I didn't go that time, though." Shigure signs, having a sad smile cross his face. "Truthfully I wanted to go, too. I was so envious."

"Let's go!" Tohru cheers.

"You manipulator!" the boys yell at him.

"Well, then. You'll three be coming, to, right? You wouldn't let it be just the two of us, would you." Shigure asks. It was obvious that he was manipulating us as well into going and the boys fell right for it.

"That's that."

The next morning we were all sitting in the car as Hatori drove us to the vacation house.

"Haa-san, it's wonderful you're such a careful driver."

---

"Shigure, why did you suddenly want to go on this trip?" Kyo asks.