36 : no lie, no secrets.

thirtysix:

________________

We went straight back home after that incident inside that bar. especifically we went back to his penthouse.

"A-Ah.."

"J-jay... can't you be a little bit more g-gentle..?"

"Shut up."

"But a-aww... it hurts!!"

"I could have been gentler if only you were a good girl, Haru."

"I'm sorry.... I really do. Please be- Ahh!"

Jay looked at her with no expression and raised an eyebrow.

he held her cheeks with a single hand and raised her head. Haru flinched, closing her eyes and wincing in pain.

They were sitting on a sofa, facing each other while Jay is treating the small cut on her lips. Nothing more than is happening right now.

"You should have not sneaked out without telling me earlier."
he said with a cold tone, dabbing the small cotton ball on the side of Haru's lips to clean the small cut from earlier. Haru winced in pain once again, flinching because of the alcohol on the cotton ball.

"Aww!" Haru groaned, moving away from him towards the other end of the sofa, "you're mad that much to the point you're already doing it in purpose?! I already told you I'm sorry!!" she added, throwing a tantrum like a child. Jay sighed, just looking at her with no expression.

Jay took her left wrist and pulled her towards him again without saying anything, turning her around, hugging her from behind and making her sit on his lap.

he leaned his chin on her shoulder, whispering on her ear.

"You can't be mad, Love. that's my duty right now."
he whispered, smirking. Haru's forehead creased, feeling his arm wrapped around her waist and blushing right after.

"I already told you I'm sorry..."
She said, looking down. Jay noticed her mood slowly going down, shaking his head and hugging her tighter.

"I just want to keep you safe, love. you know why I am mad, right?"
he told her in a softer voice. Haru nodded her head, sighing.

"I didn't told you because I don't want to disturb you. You had a meeting earlier, right?"
she pouted. Jay chuckled for a bit, closing his face as he sniff on her hair.

"You are more important than that meeting, Haru."
He said. Haru hummed a bit, shaking her head and slowly moving away from him.

"Speaking of that meeting, Why are you in the bar that time?"
She asked. She was surprised because she didn't expected him there. she also didn't expected to get caught.

"I ended it quick so i could come home early. Sunghoon invited me for a drink and you weren't here so I agreed to get a few shots while waiting for your call."
He explained. Haru nodded her head, Shiyeon indeed said that Sunghoon was just nearby and was probably the one who gave Shiyeon a ride. 

"What kind of business is it? Isn't it urgent like what you told me?"

"It is indeed urgent. A major business partner of my dad. He's in Indonesia right now so I was the one who attended."
He said, smiling as he leaned his head on the sofa. he took the wine glass that was on the table next to the medical kit and sipped on his wine. Haru's forehead slightly creased again, remembering something. she remembered that her parents are in Indonesia as well.

'They didn't met there.... right...?' she thought to herself. she shook the thoughts away and looked at Jay.

"Then how did you ended it so quick?" Haru asked once again. Jay chuckled, looking at her.

"That's because I am Park Jay."
he said and winked at her. Haru faked a cringe, obviously to hide her blush.

"You already have a life ahead of you... you're so responsible. I can't relate."
She sighed, taking the other glass next to his and drank its content.

jay watched her drink for a moment before smiling. the adoration in his eyes did not decreased even if he's 'mad' at her.

"you don't have to worry about what's ahead when you're with me, love."
he whispered endearingly, smiling ever so lightly. Haru can't help it but to look away, slightly shaking her head with a small smile.

"what are you saying..."
she whispered. he leaned towards her, leaning his head on her shoulder and closing his eyes.

"I'll give you everything just to make you happy.... I'll do anything for you, love."
he whispered in utter sincerity. Haru felt how serious he is when he said that, sending her fluttering signals on her stomach as she found peace on his arms.

"Then Love..."
She gazed at him. Jay fluttered his eyes open, looking at her and asking what.

"Can we not keep secrets and not lie to each other?"
She asked, gazing at him with seriousness.

he was taken aback for a second but he then smiled and nodded his head. He took her hand and intertwined it with his, gently rubbing his thumb on the back of her hand.

"isn't that on the contract that we made? we should really just keep the rules instead."
he smiled. 

"I-it.... It wasn't there.. so i wanted to add it"
she said. Jay pursed his lips, nodding his head.

"Of course. I don't want you to doubt my love for you."
he told her, gazing at her eyes. he felt something is wrong and had the urge to ask.

"do you want... to know something?"
he asked. Haru paused for a second and looked away, gazing at their intertwined hands.

"That... Nothing-"
she was cut after she saw the bruises and blood on his knuckles. She quickly turned towards Jay with worried eyes.

"I'm okay, Love. Let's finish your wound first. I can take care of myself."
he assured her, smiling. Haru shook her head and took the cotton balls on the medicine kit and poured alcohol on it.

"I'm already finished. I'll treat yours."
She told him. Jay didn't said anything. her small actions look way too cute for him to decline. He just sat there, watching her rub the cotton ball on his knuckles and clean the cuts.

the way he appreciates all her small efforts  is making him weak to her. he's falling desperately deeper.

will Haru still catch him?

"Do you still want to have tattoos together, Haru?"
he asked. Haru looked up, nodding her head with a smile.

"of course."

"let's do it next week? You're free in Saturday, right?"
Haru shifted her gaze away from him, biting her lower lip and nodding.

"Saturday... yes... of course."

It was also the same day with her meeting with Ms. Nam.

Will everything be....

alright?

__________________________

here's an update~ stay safe everyone!!