XIV - nightmare

Chapter Fourteen - Nightmare

─══─━══─⊱✠⊰─══━─══─

~~Ezra's POV~~

It was cold. My body... my skin felt frigid. It was as if I had just stepped outside the comfort of my warm bed. Uncomfortable and eager to find warmth I opened my eyes. A white canvas invaded my vision, sending an unbearable ache through my eyes. I quickly snapped them shut. Was this another one of those awful dreams? Unlike the last delusion, it was cold here. Icy and desolate... cautiously I opened my eyes to slowly look around the white void. Nothing. There was nothing here!

Before my annoyance could take over, pins and needles pricked my body. Instinctively I wrapped my arms around my torso, trying to warm my cooling body. As I wrapped myself up I discovered that I had no clothes on, I was vulnerable in this weird, cold, white abyss. Anxiety started to prickle like the needles against my skin. Something was wrong... frantically I looked around. White white white! It was all white! My toes and fingers felt numb and soon my arms lost their feeling.

Shock settled in and I opened my mouth to let out some of that fear but nothing came. Nothing was around me... Despite not being able to hear myself I felt my breathing quicken and my head spin as I looked around once more. I felt ice roll down my cheeks, the last bit of warmth being sucked up by that ice. I was crying. Nervously, I tried to move... I couldn't tell if I was moving or not, everything was numb. Why was I here!? I don't belong in this world! I don't belong here!

Where is he? That white-haired man, he had helped me last time when the heat had engulfed my body.... could he help with the ice? I reached out as if the man would appear but immediately reared back when I saw my hand. It was stiff and black... the only thing that wasn't white was my hand- no, my body. I just wanted to take a nap! I don't want this!

"I told you."

I immediately twisted around to see who had spoken but the white canvas was all I saw. Who told me what? The fear only increased, and knowing I was losing my body to the freezing environment did not help. I knew I was crying this time, I could feel the salty liquid slowly run down my cracking skin. The pain of it all was nearly ironic... but, I'm not done living yet... please, this dream needs to end! I shut my eyes, blocking the blank world in front of me.

Suddenly, as if it was all my imagination, I could feel my fingers again, then my toes, arms... everything was coming back! Excitedly I opened my eyes but the white void was still present. Apprehensively, I took one last try at looking around... fortunately my eyes found something. It was another tall, ungodly handsome, man. He had long black hair that flowed elegantly over his shoulders, and fiery orange eyes that seemed to warm my body. "Hello." His thin lips moved to a smile and I felt the urge to move closer. Then, as if he had read my mind, the tall man took only a few steps forward and engulfed my smaller body in a warm hug. My vision was skewed but I didn't mind, the warmth of his embrace had calmed my fears.

I felt his large hand slowly pat down my hair, his actions caused me to melt deeper into the warmth. "To light a candle is to cast a shadow..." His voice was soothing and quiet, but his words sent confusion through my bones. What exactly was he talking about? Despite the questions roaring in my head the man stopped patting my head and pulled away. He offered a toothy smile and I noticed his canines looked like a vampires... then he was gone. Disappearing without a trace.

Scared I would lose my body to the cold again, I reached out and tried to call out for him. He was leaving too early! What did he mean!? What did his words mean!?!