▪ Chapter 7 (Collision) ▪

"I-Izuku!" Mitsuki burst out of the doorway and hugged the boy that she had worried so much about for the couple of years that had gone by. Mitsuki and Inko used to be best friends until Inko started to talk about quirks and how Izuku was worthless. They broke the relationship then because Mitsuki believed the exact opposite.

     Izuku froze in place, not knowing why she seemed so motherly or comforting to him.

     He staggered backwards as she collided with his frail body on the ground.

     Mitsuki rubbed her blonde head next to his, "You have no idea how much I wanted to see you..."

. o O o .

     "Oh, and this one was when your sister- Hisako, was it?- was crying because Katsuki refused to give her his favorite toy. She was such a little brat. I wanted to smack her upside the head. I couldn't believe that your mother hadn't done anything about it that day," Mitsuki rambled as she flipped through the picture book. She had grabbed it from her attic after almost throwing Izuku into the house.

     Izuku weakly laughed from the couch, tired from the long day. Katsuki noticed his fatigue and yelled, "Oi!"

     Izuku sat up straight as he turned around, "Yes, Bakugou?"

     "Get to bed," Katsuki said, gently lifting Izuku back into a bridal carry. Katsuki didn't even grunt from how light the boy was.

     He had eaten before they started to look at pictures, however, Izuku barely ate one serving. A little bit of rice, only a little more than a spoonful and a little soup. He had left most of everything, only eating because he didn't want to refuse and be rude. 

     "'Bakugou'?" Mitsuki asked, her voice a bit confused. "You don't remember Katsuki at all? Well, I suppose it has been a long time... To be fair, I think you've only met once or twice. You used to call him 'Kacchan', Izuku."

     Now it was Izuku's turn to be confused, "But that's what Hisako always calls her boyfriend..."

     Mitsuki choked while Katsuki turned a bright red, not from embarrassment, from anger. Deep, burning anger. 

     "You must be mistaken, Izuku," Mitsuki laughed from the couch she was still sitting on. "My son... He's as gay as gay gets."

     She burst out laughing; Katsuki now turning red from embarrassment.

     While Izuku thought of a memory that had re-surfaced into his mind. One that he wished wouldn't have come up. 

     "I-Izuku! You what, sweetie??" Inko asked, her face dropping into one of pure horror. 

     Izuku, oblivious to this, giggled, "I kissed Kacchan!" He jumped up and down, happy because of the joy that he felt. He felt giddy. 

     Inko slapped her son's face hard enough to make a loud noise that resonated throughout the field.

     "You-You- Your sister is supposed to love him, you brat! He's supposed to love her! You-You ruined it for her, huh, Izuku? You couldn't stand the fact that your sister was happy, could you? Not to mention that you're not supposed to be kissing boys, Izuku!" Inko rambled loudly as steam seemed to be coming out of her ears. 

     "Izuku! You stole my happiness!" Hisako shouted. They had been outside. In a garden full of sunflowers. Izuku didn't quite remember where. It was near a road, though. 

     Hisako cried, and Hisashi whispered something into her ear. She smiled, "Okay, Daddy!"

     Hisashi went into his big black car, turning on the engine as Izuku was in a state of shock. Inko kept on screaming at him. 

     Eventually, as Hisashi was driving at a speed that was clearly illegal away from the field, Hisako pushed Izuku onto the road hard. She kicked him until he was on his back, crying for her to stop.

     "Stop crying, you crybaby!" she screamed. Inko ignored the scene, no longer caring what happens to Izuku anymore. She was busy thinking about her reputation at work when they find out that her child is gay. 

     Hisashi drove back in a speed so fast, the car was practically vibrating. Hisako backed away, laughing madly. 

     That was when it happened. Hisashi ran over Izuku's legs then, practically killing him. He was disabled from then. 

     "Izuku!" Mitsuki called, "Izuku, are you alright?" Her voice was laced in concern for the boy. He had suddenly started to cry. 

     "I-I'm fine, s-sorry for causing a scene, Auntie," Izuku said, slightly stuttering. An old habit that died hard, but in reality, it stayed. 

     Mitsuki sighed, "Don't worry about it. Have a good night."

     Katsuki took Izuku to his room. Izuku was placed on the bed lightly. 

     He sighed,  "Look, your sister is...."

     Izuku smiled, "Sweet?"

     "No-" Katsuki said, thinking that that sentence was absolutely horrid.

     "Wonderful?"

     "No! She's horrible!" Katsuki spewed out finally. "God, she's the most annoying person in the world. I can't comprehend that she's related to you."

     Izuku smiled, "She's my best friend."

     Katsuki looked up. It was horrible. That face. It was so... so fake. As if he was a robot, programmed to say things like that. 

     He rushed it, but he hugged Izuku. It felt oddly right. As if they had done this so many times before. 

     "She's not, is she?" Katsuki whispered. 

     Izuku froze, "I don't think anyone has ever asked me that before."

     He unfroze. Katsuki had gotten him for a second, the real Izuku Midoriya. But as quick as it had come... it was gone. 

     "But she really is my best friend. I love her so much," Izuku said once again. Katsuki sighed away from the hug. 

     "Sleep. It's late, and we both have school tomorrow. I have to take you back to..." Katsuki trailed off. 

     "Hey, how about you come with me to school tomorrow?"

960 Words