58

Meng Airan bit her nails in frustration while she counted down the days she had been confined into this place alongside her brother and that Mianmian bitch. She wanted out to take her revenge on Morrigan, but she had this explicit order to lay low until the boss told her what to do. Meng Yao seemed to be very content with the decision, as he enjoyed his reading and even started to learn to cook. She had no idea how her brother became so weak like that, while she wanted more. More power, more strength, more authority, more everything.

She was still thinking about what to do to that Morrigan bitch when the dark shadow sneakily entered her and caused her to lose consciousness.

It was when the guard–who had been tasked to keep them in this cage, came and woke her up when she realized she had been sleeping soundly all the time. She didn't even know when she fell asleep, but the guard did not let her idle since he was told by the boss to let Meng Airan know that she had a new task. 

When she heard about the details of the things she had to do, she became very excited, and it turned out her revenge would come sooner rather than later, with the help of the boss, of course. She then quickly followed the guard to go to the place that the boss asked her to go, and did what she had to do. The faster the better.

"So, congratulations for your… rather quick reconciliation." Xie Lian chuckled when he saw Yuwen Mo and Na'Lan Jian kiss like there was no tomorrow. "You probably want to chill a bit, otherwise you're gonna suck his face off."

"Ha ha funny." Na'Lan Jian finally let go of Yuwen Mo after she heard Xie Lian's remark. "I bet you want me to be the one to tell Noah about his origin, right? Since I'm his mom and all."

"Well, you're not wrong, and I just thought that maybe his mom is the perfect person to tell him that, rather than moi, or his fiance."

"So, your niece huh? That proves that my son's really good at picking up his mate. You know that he was rather famous back when he was in high school, with the all-girls school right next to his all-boys school. Of course that was before his priesthood days." She chuckled remembering how her son never had any girlfriends, yet the girls did not give up trying to get close to him and his best friend, He Xuan. And they both were quite a player too, leaving trails of broken hearts and lost virginities.

"Mm, you should probably avoid mentioning that to Feng Yue–that's my niece. She has a rather… volatile temper, just like her mom."

"Good, that means they are good for each other. Noah needs someone to reign him in, and a meek girl wouldn't be able to handle him." She was satisfied to hear that Xie Lian's niece was not a pushover. Her son did not need a girl who would bother him over his job since she knew how important his job was to him. She knew her son, and if he's willing to get married then this girl must be special. Plus she's Dianxia's niece, that should say something.

"God, you should see what my great-great granddaughter could do, she's awesome, and you're going to love her." Yuwen Mo kissed her again.

"Mm, she's the biotech supernatural entity that you were talking about? That's a mouthful." Then she looked at Xie Lian. "Why don't you call both of them here? We shall break the news together to my son." And she was curious of what the biotech supernatural entity could do, and what made her son fall for her.

Feng Yue left the living room to get some cold drinks in the kitchen. Alcohol would be better for her nerves. She never thought that Noah's mother would be here too, and she became more nervous. She rummaged through the fridge when someone hugged her waist and pulled her back, then kissed her neck.

"Are you running away from me?" Noah turned her over and kissed her lips. She went into the kiss wholeheartedly, but when Noah's hands started to sneakily enter her top from behind, she slapped it away.