Chapter 53

As soon as Pettigrew and Lucius Malfoy left, Regulus and Snape were being anxious, if the news was true — a certain death eater found a girl's body that looks exactly like Anadil.

At first Regulus and Snape didn't believe the source, but as Lucius and Wormtail came back with photos, it was confirmed — Anadil Lupin-Black's dead.

"Where's the body?", Voldemort asked Lucius and Pettigrew, Regulus was praying...... If they can bring Anadil's body, then their mission is complete.

Their mission, not his mission with Snape, Regulus saw from his peripheral view how stressed Snape looks, he has his eyes close, while they were waiting for orders.

Lucius and Pettigrew looked at eachother, before apparating out of the manor, to bring the body they seemed confident and that scared Regulus.

A few minutes later a paper from the Daily Prophet was given to The Dark Lord, he read it and it looks like news has spread.

As Lucius and Pettigrew came back they had an addition to them a body, Regulus's eyes widen at the sight, even Snape.

"I must say you really outdid yourselves", Voldemort said with confidence, "Burry her at the back, Regulus, Severus I am sorry for doubting your loyalty you may go back to your mission, and I need reports" With those words he dismissed the two.

While Snape, and Regulus were walking out the manor they didn't utter a word, the only place where they can talk carefully is at 12 Grimmuald place.

The two wasted no time to apparate, they were eager to tell the Order about what happened at Malfoy Manor.

As they arrived at Grimmuald place, they immediately ran to the kitchen (but careful enough not to wake Walburga), and to their surprise Anadil was there laughing with the others.

Regulus immediately ran to Anadil and gave her a tight hug, "I thought I lost you", Regulus whispered and Anadil hugged him back.

"If you're here what was the —"

"Body?", Dumbledore finished for Snape, Snape nodded at the statement and Dumbledore chuckled, "It was my doing, Severus".

"The—"

"Paper? It was me", Mary said as she interrupted Regulus's sentence, their eyes met for a brief moment, before Mary looked away, "Working for the daily prophet has it's perks, and it was only sent to them".

"Cheers, Mary", Regulus thanked and Mary smiled.

"How—"

"We'll answer all your questions in one quick explanation, alright?", Lily said and with a deep breath she started to explain.

"Dumbledore conjured a fake body, and I charmed it to seem real, James over here called Mary, and she agreed to make one paper with the headline about Anadil".

Regulus and Snape took a full minute before one of them spoke, "You fooled the Dark Lord?", Regulus was still looking at them with disbelief.

"Yes and all thanks to her plan", Sirius said with a smile.

Regulus smiled from ear to ear, he was supposed to say something when the twins apparated beside Anadil, "Better be quick Ani, we have business to do", The twins said before taking her away.

"She's one clever kid", Snape said as he sat down, Dorcas, Marlene, McGonagall, and Mrs. Weasley agreed, she was the second person to out smart the Dark Lord.

"Just like you venturing to a cave where you know you'll die, but you still managed to get the bloody locket — speaking of Salazar's locket where is it?", Snape asked Regulus.

Regulus gave him a smile before calling Kreacher, the house elf appeared with a pop, "Master Regulus called?".

"The locket?" He asked and Kreacher took a locket out of a drawer, "I need you to give it to Professor Dumbledore", He continued, Kreacher walked to Dumbledore and gave him the locket.

It was surprising to see the Horcrux up front.

"I will check with Alastor about this I am sure he can destroy this", Dumbledore assured and Regulus nodded as a simple response.

"We will be taking our leave", Dumbledore said pertaining to himself and to Professor McGonagall.

As the two left so did Mrs. Weasley. She left them, all nine of them.

The silence was to loud at first, but Regulus broke it, "Does Oliver know?", Sirius chuckled at the question.

"He stayed with Anadil, mate, Sirius finally let the boy", James said and Regulus smirked in amusement.

Sirius smiled, "Well he's finally accepting it", Lily said and that made Sirius smile again.

"If it wasn't for his quick thinking Anadil might as be good as dead" Sirius said and Remus sighed

"The boy has skills", He said with a faint smile, remembering how Wood revived the girl.

It was silent again, but something childish came up, thanks to James of course, "Wanna play truth or dare?", Snape internally groaned at the question.

"Prongs, that seems childish", Remus said with a smirk.

"Well we're adults, it can include a bit of firewhiskey", Regulus added with a knowing smirk.

"With Veritaserum", Lily added, and that made everyone smirk.

"I do not want to be part of this", Snape said and left, James looked at Regulus and raised a brow.

"Even if this seems like walking inside a lion's den, I'm up for it", Regulus said.

James smirked before he waved his wand, and a bottle of firewhiskey appeared, he turned to Lily and pouted, Lily groaned before a bottle of Veritaserum appeared.

Dorcas stood up and conjured eight glasses.

"This going to be a helluva night", Regulus said and the seven Gryffindors nodded as a response.

There's no turning back..... He has to answer their questions, let it begin then....

———

Authors note:

I won't be doing the book 2 of'Marauders Series', I thought of a new plot and it doesn't compliment Sirius's story, so I guess Remus's fanfic has to wait.

When I finish this I'll start with that.

-Wolfstar